Signet 260 Floorstanding Speakers

Two way bookshelf

Submitted by Steve Krivda a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased the SL260's new in 1994 from a high end audio store based on the sales person's recommendation. Truly remarkable for the price ($450/pr), have been using regularly since. As stated by other reviews, if you stumble accross a pair, buy without question! Build quality is solid & sound is truly amazing. Tons of bass from a small package. Tweeters produce exceptional & realistic highs. Becoming harder and harder to find - because peiople who have them will not part with them.

Submitted by Chris Cuesta a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
One word. AMAZING! They disappear. I'm have the bi-wirable model SL 260 MkII. Like the other reviewer mentioned, if you come across a pair, grab them.

Submitted by amras a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2006

Bottom Line:
I just had to post on this speaker since it's been in my system since 93. Every 3-5 years I make my rounds through the new speaker releases hoping to give-in to my upgrade-itis. I look at Paradigm Studio, Energy, B&W, Maggies, etc. Every time I came home a little dissapointed. To replace the 260's and take a step up in quality, I would need to spend into the 1000's of dollars. It's REALLY that good. Bottomline, if you can find a pair, whether you need a pair or not, just buy them. Giant Killer.

Purchased At:   local, NY

Submitted by generic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased this gem in college, when I didn't know jack about speakers. My roommate was a self-professed audiophile, so he recommended that we get one. (Naturally with my money, since he was always broke) I must have gotten a really good deal, because everywhere it's listed at over $450, and it sells on eBay used for over $200. Anyways- clean, crisp midrange and good bass. Just really nice speakers. Unfortunately, you can't find Signets around anymore....

Purchased At:   mag ad through stere

Submitted by Chris2112 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
A little advise here if you are lucky enough to find a pair, don't ask questions
don't haggle, just buy them. I will put these speakers up against any speaker
on the planet. I don't care if they cost 100 or 10,000 dollars. Within it's
wattage capabilities these speakers are beyond belief. The speaker
has a capability of reproducing ambient life like high's that go beyond words
Thier image capabilities again make you think there 8 speakers in the room.
Listening to these speakers just about re-invents every CD you own.
I have been a musician for 25 years I have heard pure music (2 inch Tape )
driven at 1000 watts and these speakers are the closest thing that
bring that experience back to me. I don't want to insult anyone that thinks
they are an audiophile but until you have heard music played back on a freshly recorded and mixed
2 inch tape, well, sorry but you haven't heard music. The company that
produced these speakers has gone bankrupt and the make is getting harder and harder to find
The place where I discovered these speakers had 2 pair's left, I purchased both.
They listed for 1100 but the store was blowing them out at 689.00, It was
the first time in my life I felt tlike a thief.

Purchased At:   Laserland Canada

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk2 SET - sounds like a steal at $260

The new MP-301 Mk2 SET was just introduced in March and is said to be much improved over the 301 which was a well received little flea amp. The new version's class A power is increased to 6.5 wpc meaning it will drive more speakers than one might think. Tube rolling will be fun as it will take quite ... Read More »

Mirage Omni 260 Floorstanding Speakers

Excellent speakers. Highly rated by soundstage and hometheaterHiFi. I would like to post a review for these. Here is the link to the manufacturers site [url]http://miragespeakers.com/omni260.shtml[/url] Manufacturer: Mirage Model: Omni 260 Category: Main Speakers MSRP : $1000Read More »