Sansui SP-X9000 Floorstanding Speakers

4.74/5 (19 Reviews)

Floorstanding late 70's model

Submitted by Gorio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2014

Bottom Line:
I've had the Sansui SP-X9000 speakers for a week now. I tested them against Bose 901 series 1's. Needless to say, someone else now owns the Bose. Sure, the Boae have virtually no limit on wattage, but, in a true Hi Fi 2 way system, the clarity and musical range belongs to the Sansui's. Connected to my Yamaha 30 Watt mini component receiver they sound great. This weekend I'll hook them up to my Carver 6250and let them battle it out with my Polk RTA11-TL's.
For what I paid for them. They're awesome.

More to come.

Submitted by geneminniefield a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2013

Bottom Line:
Sansui sp-x9700. WOW. I have a pair of jbl 4311-L112-L250-4345. The sound that came from the sansui is good I heard instruments I haven't heard from none of my jbl do the sansui sound good as any of my jbl. Do my Sansui have deep solid bass the answer is no but the sansui do sound good and produce musical notes my jbl cant

Submitted by Jay Sidewayz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of Sansui SP-X9000 and have heard alot of clean/clear speakers, but not ones that didn't sound like they were in a strain just to play beautiful mids & highs. I purchased these beast because I wanted the same type of bass you'd hear at a concert, that of a cannon. They were designed for music for those who like that grit natural sound, but if you want a bass punch that makes you grab your chest like someone has blasted a pump shotgun, they are awesome...

Submitted by Tonyl34 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
Insane!
I was lucky enough to pick up a pair from their original owner and in like-new cosmetic condition.
Imagine an Onkyo TX-4500 receiver connected to these beasts..
This is what I've experienced **outdoors**:
When the volume is turned up to about 25%, the compression is so intense,you start to feel the rush of adrenaline almost immediately.
At half volume, you can't stand within 10 feet of them- you will definitely need a remote control.
75% is when you feel on top of the world - this is when the Sansui's start to strech and yawn, begging for more - you feel like you are driving a ferrari at 50 mph.
The other day when I invited my friends over, I played one of Diane Arkenstone's tracks and when the beat set in up my friend turned to me and told me that for a second there he thought someone had kicked him from behind.
I could host a party in my house with my puny 30*2 watt HK 330A yet belt out enough energy to jiggle someone's kidneys 25 feet away, why would I need a higher powered amp?
Loud bass performance does not mean diminished accuracy. These are one of the most accurate speakers I've ever heard in my life and yes, I've auditioned quite a few. They are close to flawless in the entire spectrum, a feat that's almost impossible to accomplish with massive woofers. The mids are warm and the quad horns sizzle and more than make their presence felt whilst not sounding harsh, unlike my Klipsch RF-7's

Submitted by DG a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
Imagine an Onkyo TX-4500 receiver connected to these beasts..
This is what I've experienced **outdoors**:

Loud bass performance does not mean diminished accuracy. These are one of the most accurate speakers I've ever heard in my life and yes, I've auditioned quite a few. They are close to flawless in the entire spectrum, a feat that's almost impossible to accomplish with such large woofers. The mids are warm and the quad horns more than make their presence felt whilst not sounding harsh, unlike my Klipsch RF-7's