Recoton W440 Wireless Speaker System (Black) Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Together, these time-tested speakers provide 20 watts RMS of power. Each enclosure includes 4"" woofer, a 2"" tweeter, and a tuned port. Frequency response is 50 to 13,000 Hz. Each feature individual bass boost control and a left/right/mono switch. Their compact size easily hides on a corner shelf, but their large-speaker sound gives them away every time.

These speakers can easily add full, rich sound in or around your house, they can make your get together with friends and family much more enjoyable by easily adding music to your patio parties. By adding the transmitter to your TV, you can even listen to your favorite show, or the ""big game"", while your in another room, relaxing in the backyard, or working in the garage or workshop.

Submitted by jim tolson a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
We've had these speakers for at least 10 years, and I wish they were still on the market. The first pair's transmitter died several years ago. I could have just bought a new transmitter, but instead I bought a whole new set. So now I have FOUR speakers and one transmitter. They work fine. Out in the garage, on the back porch, wherever you can plug them in.
Two of our power supplies have died. I found better ones with a little shopping, and the speakers just keep on working.

Submitted by flojon a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
We've used these speakers forever, the plug in transtormer just let go. This was the buy of a lifetime having many hours of easy listening. When I finish this review I will be ordering two new ones. We originally bought them in N.Y. and they travelled with us in our Motor Home and now they are sitting in our new home.

Submitted by B J Lewis a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
We bought these speakers many years ago so we could have music upstairs from the stereo which was downstairs. After moving to a smaller home we didn't use them for a few years. We now have them hooked up to the computer so we can listen to internet radio stations in the house and on the patio. All we needed was a splitter from Radio Shack so we could plug in both the computer speakers and the Recoton transmitter. The sound quality is good and we appreciate the ability to receive stereo. We found other wireless speakers that are mono only. It also appears that the price for these speakers has not increased at all in ten years. We're going to add more to our house.

Submitted by Paul V a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought 6 of these speakers so I could enjoy good audio in an office that would have been impossible to wire otherwise.
I have been using them for almost 10 years! I ran into this site because I was looking for more!
The product was far better than expected! I have continued to use this product long after I obsoleted other technologies I bought at the same time. They work almost 24/7 and have done so continuously all this time.
For someone looking for reasonably good quality sound and who has wiring constraints, this is a GREAT speaker system!

Purchased At:   Radio Shack