RBH Sound 661-SE Floorstanding Speakers

Frequency Response: 45Hz-20kHz (+3dB) Sensitivity: 90 dB (1 Watt / 1 Meter) Recommended Power: 20-200 Watts Drive Units: One 1" Fabric Dome Tweeter, Two 6 1/2" Aluminum Cone Woofers

Submitted by randybes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent speaker. I compared this to my Snell D's and the RBH speakers were more revealing and more tonally accurate. Also, compared to Ascend 170s and they bested those also.

Purchased At:   private sale

Submitted by Tommy Grainger a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had my RBH 661's for over a year. I enjoy listening to them more every day. The 661 is a remarkable speaker. This speaker, much like the WATT puppy, does nothing more that accurately reproduce sound. The 661 is almost perfectly pure, leaving no sound coloration. I have never heard a $1000 speaker that is so true to its source. I'm not trying to say that the 661 is the equal of the WATT puppy, the 661 is rated, I believe, at about 45Hz on the low end. This speaker doesn't portend to produce subwoofer type base, but it delivers the goods between 45Hz and 20,000Khz. The 661 is sweet and true, in its frequency response range. From 45 to 20000, it compares very favorably to the Wilson Audio product. If you are looking for a speaker in the $1000/pair range, you must audition this speaker.

I used the WATT puppy as a reference in this review. It is a great speaker, and has a reputation for being such. If you have $10,000 or more to spend, however, check out the Status Acoustics Titus model. The Titus is unquestionably the best speaker I have ever heard. This speaker is superior to the WATT puppy. I heard them side by side, and the Titus is solidly superior. It's soundstage was unbelievable, the low end extension was deep, yet completely free from even the slightest hint of rumbling. The highs were the sweetest I have ever heard, detailed, powerful, perfectally accurate, yet no trace of harshness. If money is no object, you must hear the Status Acoustics speaker.

Purchased At:   From Friend