QUADRAL Shogun
Description: Quadral Phonologue Gold Series

Submitted by willem_vw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought my Quadral Shoguns in 1989. Never felt the need to change or upgrade, since I matched it to my slightly younger Rotel RA870BX integrated Amp (switched from onkyo to denon to rotel). The bass is clear and solid, and the Rotel adds the necessary warmth to the voices and midrange. I live in the Caribbean nowadays and my audio setup follows me everywhere. The small island where I live has a high level of moist and salt in the air. I perform maintenance regularly with teflon spray (after my CD player corroded away) and it's still going strong. Lately I was in Europe and did a round through some stores with recommended sets, and my benchmark cd favorites, showed that there is still not much worth the new investment on the market. I am happy with that, since all available budget can still be spent on the music...

Purchased At:   Goosen & Swagerman ,

Submitted by Peter Gerbes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
the sound is great especialy in de high tunes it sounds very good.I have the Onkyo txds696 receiver when you listen in stereo mode the sound leaves the speakers and give you the imagine of surround sound.the bass is also a good reasson to buy this speakers it gives a massive bass,not a disturbing boom bass.when you want to buy this speaker you must be quick because the line is stopped it was to expensive to produce this speaker.

Purchased At:   Hifi corner Groninge

Submitted by Lars van Beek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I recently bought the Quardal Shogun after listening to several other speakers. Because my old set where the Mission 760 I wanted to buy Mission again. Luckily I did not. I have listened to Missions 78 series and 77 series but they did not have the bass respons I wanted. I have also compared them to several other speakers like Jamo.

Basically I liked the bass response the Shogun gave me the best. I encourage everybody to buy these speaker because I have seen several movies with these speakers and it's great. Seeing Godzilla and the Matrix is really great.

Purchased At:   Polectro

Submitted by Marco W a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
For about two years I own the Quadral Shogun Speakers.I compared the Shogun with speakers of the same pricerange, for example Mission and Mirage. For my taste the Shogun came out as the best.
Good midrange with clear voices and a very "german"-like strong bass. (like Magnat).
The tweeter is of a ribbon-type and produces frequencies up to 80KHz!
The speaker is a floor standing model with dimensions: 917x226x338mm
The speakers are Bi-wired with 4mm Audiolab-Hiflex cables.
Both speakers are driven by my Onkyo AR700 amplifier. The amplifier is Interlinked (Van Den Hul 0.6m VLDH-cable) with a Onkyo DX7500 CD-player.
I also have a Sony CDP470 CD-player connected to my amplifier (with "home-made" cable). The Quadral Shogun shows even the most uninterrested listener the differences between these two setups by it's incredible bandwith and offered detail. (100Wnom./4 Ohm/3-way/2x170mm Woofer/crossover:200&3800Hz)