Pyle PHST89 Floorstanding Speakers

• Sensitivity: 91dB
  • Crossover Network

Submitted by aaronbell81 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
These speakers are amazing. I've owned them for about 6 months now and I have no regrets. I paid 300$ for both and that's including shipping and they were new. I would easily compare them to the Klipsch RF25's in clarity and efficiency. The highs are great but not peircing. The mids are very clear and make you feel like you are in the movie, and the lows are pretty good. For movies I use a Klipsch sub for those extra lows but the 8' sub in the sides do pretty well for music. I'm just the type that likes full, engulfing lows so I use the Klipsch sub. when ever possible.
The price is amazing for the value of speakers you are getting and their sound easily compares to speakers four times the price. My brother-in-law has the Klipsch RF 25's and I would easily say the Pyle PHST89's sound better and more full. I use some Klipsch reference surrounds and the Pyle fronts compliment them nicely.

Purchased At:   ebay store

Submitted by Rhoxed a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
These speakers are definately bang for your buck. The highs are high and the lows are low. The midrange sound is exceptionally good. I tested these speakers vs a pair of Kenwoods (with 12inch woofer, 5" midrange, and 2 1" tweeters) and also tested them vs a pair of Bose 201's. They had more bass then the kenwoods even with their 12inch woofer, and much more highs then the Bose, overall these speakers preform incredibally for the price paid for them. I use them with a 720watt max JVC - RX7040 receiver, Pyle PHS88 rears, and the Pyle PHST55 center/surrounds. I also have a 12inch powered subwoofer that i bought previously to buying these speakers. After i had purchased these speakers, the sub was no longer needed, but it does help produce 35hz and under.

Purchased At:   Etronics