PSB Speakers Stratus Silver Floorstanding Speakers

4.54/5 (52 Reviews) MSRP : $1650.00

3 way bass reflex, 2 6.5-in woofers, 1-in tweeter

Submitted by chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
The psb silver for 450$ used the price is excellent . Highs are excellent and pleasing, lows and bass are tight, Mids are not exceptionally pronounced, the produce a very clean sound that is superb! . I moved them from a room with little upholstery to a room with some carpet and fluffy couches and drapes, and in there they sounded the best. They are a VERY FUSSY speaker as far as positioning but the soundstage is excellent.

Submitted by Matome a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2012

Bottom Line:
I must apologise to Silveri's fans because for about eight months lots of injustice was done to these great performers. The (RCA) interconnect directional arrow from pre-amp to power amp was facing the opposite direction i.e. from power amp to pre-amp. This has been corrected and I must say the sound has improved tremendously. Wide soundstage, deep bass, longer throw in mids and highs. They are more enjoyable on Jazz Trios- piano, drums and double bass. Also impressive on congas/percussions, try Herp Alpert's Stormy Sunday from the album Passion Dance.

I must however acknowldge that while the Siveris are excellent overall performers the tweeters are sometimes too bright and forward and the mids a bit muddy on voices. After hooking up the Van Den Hul "The Name" and the Transparent Cable "MusicLink" interconnects and the Van Den Hul "MCD-352" speaker cable on Rotel RCD-1072, Rotel RC-1090 and Rotel RB-990 much improvement was realised.

Silveri's shines more in larger and open rooms (mine is a 48 square metre) and a well treated room gives the Silveri's the deserved high end status.

Submitted by joeywang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
i bought them second hand from a local dealer . using them as second pair speaker in basement with a denon cdplayer ,twenty years old sansui amplifer and qed silver biwired cable . pretty good balance ,deep base , very detail , even better than my b&w 801 . i feel lucky bought them in a good price . i think they would better if use better amps . made in canada

Purchased At:   audio excellent

Submitted by Tom Hohn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers are new, and I'm using them in the Master Bedroom (approx 17x17). I drive them with an original Naim Nait Integrated Amplifier, and use a NAD 512 CD Player. Sound is very good, with deeper bass and a punchier sound than I had expected. Room acoustics probably come into play. Try "Stanley Clarke & Friends Live at the Greek" if you're concerned about kick drum and deep bass. Plenty of it on this well-recorded CD. Nearly too much in my room. Very pleased overall with the sound.

Purchased At:   Audio Video Alternat

Submitted by dr_mikey_g a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for 5 years now, and have loved them from day one (I bought demo units, so they were broken in).

They sounded awesome with modest electronics (NAD 3155 integrated amp), but at each improvement to my electronics they just get better.

Good speaker cables are a must. I just chopped my Kimber Cables (not sure which model) in half and am using them in a bi-wire configuration. Makes a minor improvement.

The bass is tight and articulate. I play bass, and really like to be able to hear all the details going on. Upgrading to a good power amp (Acurus A250) made it even better.

The upper end is very listenable. Not overly detailed, which is good if you listen to a digital source.

I would probably get even better bass if I used spikes, but I don't want to damage my floor.

Purchased At:   Bay Area Audio (San

PSB Stratus Silver - Cone Rips

I have had to replace all 4 of my drivers over the last few years on my PSBs. the cones were ripped. Why may that be? I play them loudly often (few times a month for a couple hours), which in this case, means dialing the pre-amp to about 50% of capacity. I have lived with the system in Miami, Fl ... Read More »