Polk Audio RTi A9 Floorstanding Speakers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

These real wood speakers are high-performing works of art contained in gorgeous asymmetric cabinets. PowerPort bass venting creates superior, clean bass. The polymer drivers are magnetically shielded so you can safely place them near video sources. And the innovative foot design makes them stable on any type of floor surface. All this and more for a price comparable to speakers that have vinyl cabinets! Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design, frequency response 30-26,000 Hz

Submitted by rleclaire a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
Out of the box sounding better than my decade old Eosone RSF-600's. I am in the breakin stage of the RTiA9 and not being that nice to them. They are being powered by my Cambridge Audio 840aV2 with 200 into 4Ohms. Transport is a NAD C-543. Cambridge Interconects, MIT Terminator 4 speaker wires. Cambridge M1 remote.
This is only about 12 hours on the RTiA9's and I am very impressed with them. With the deal that Polk has going right now. Price was 1799pr, down to 1499pr, 30 day in home. they pay all shipping. For 250 down, five more payments they are mine.
I have listened and owned many systems, now my sons are into it. For the money, hard to find a better speaker in the price range. If there is please let me know
As I get closer to the I am satisfied break-in of the RTiA9 I will repost.

Submitted by RadAudio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
These are the best speakers I have owned they have strong tight lows and the midrange is so perfectly matched to the tweeter.I bought these to replace the Polk Rti 12s that I owned.Polk has definitely made a big improvement over the Rti 12s by redesigning the speaker cabinets Im not sure if they changed the cross overs in any way but the change to the cabinets sure has improved the sound in the lows and mids.I was going to replace my Yamaha RX-V2700 AVR but the Rti A9s are easier to drive and sound so much better that I have no reason too now.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com