Polk Audio RT3000p Floorstanding Speakers

4.87/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $1800.00

The heart of the RT5000 system is the RT3000p front loudspeaker, a 4-piece "powered tower" system consisting of left and right full-range speakers and dual powered subwoofers.

Submitted by herbehr1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am a fan of Polk. Couldn't believe my incredible luck on Ebay. These speakers
fill my listening area with great music and bang for home theater. I have a poor listening area design, catheral ceilings,
3 door openings and two windows into the kitchen. A little work, well lots, with an SPL meter, and I have a very decent balance. They are pulled away from the walls, 1 1/2 ft, toed in a lot, but its working. I have the subs hooked up with the a/v receiver pre-out, y-split. I have 10 gage wire feeding into the upper units.
I really have to say, it rocks.
I also have the fx1000 surrounds, another fantastic speaker, I like the dipole setting. I don't quite get the center speaker with small subs. To what benefit, especailly if sitting on top of your big screen? I use two, yes two rt55i's for my centers. I also have these sitting on slight angles to each other. The spl meter helps in getting rid of the dead spots. [Remember my listening area with all the openings.] I think I have it now. You can sit anywhere and get the full benefit of 5.1 sound.
My system:
Toshiba 9200 DVD Audio

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by mustang50 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Hello,
Im writing an addendum for these speakers. I had the opportunity to play a few DTS DVDs and let me tell you incredible. It you shake your house in The Haunting, Apollo 13, Fast and Furious and US571. No AUDIBLE DISTORTION at 110 dB on the spl meter. The speakers start and stop apropriately with each bass beat as the artist intended. No one tone bass anymore for me. The speakers at little over half vol and rec at little over half volume yeilded sound that was liquid and clear, and transparent. I felt like I was in a club and I am the envy of all my friends......(not joking). I especiallly want to thank my new ebay friend, Dan, for hooking me up with these speakers at an incredibly low price with a warranty I might add... Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   ebay PRICE FOR PAIR!

Submitted by mustang50 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
By far the best upgrade so far. the sound is incredible from these speakers. From top to bottom theses speakers produce music very realistically. The depth and accuracy of all the drivers is one word priceless. I dont plan to up grade any time soon. The only thing better would be the SRT system from years before but that is not in the budget. Im running low power to them (about 70watts) and the still sing quite well. The nice thing I have noticed about Polk speakers is they perform remarkably well with low power. I have and still own the RT1000i's and the 2000i's and each upgrade gets better and better.

Purchased At:   ebay with valid warr

Submitted by Lino Lad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent and I cannot se myself changing from these speakers for years to come. Incredibly enjoyable to listen to which is the real litmus test over the long haul.

Purchased At:   Encel Stereo

Submitted by Caleb a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
What ever you have to do to get a pair of these, do it. I'm speachless.