Polk Audio RT1000 Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

tower speakers with built-in subwoofer

Submitted by Shawn Padgett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are the BEST speakers you can buy for the price. I paid $760 at a local audio store. If you live in an apartment like I do, and want great home theater sound without having the cops called on you, these are the speakers for you. connected to my older Denon AVR 2500, these speakers sound great. The imaging is almost flawless. in stereo, you'd swear the center channel speaker is playing. I can't say enough good things about these speakers.

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am quite impressed with the overall quality of sound. I have so far been pleased with their performance for all applications. Music, TV, VHS, DVD.

Submitted by Richard Cranium a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
so far I've had no probs with clipping like I did with my klipsch klf-10's which were horrid to say the least. Polk has once again amazed me with their products strong performance. I would recommend these speakers to everybody.

Submitted by Michael Baglivio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers since August and I'm very happy with them. From acoustic music to rap, they sound great. Depending on your tase, you might want to get a separate sub for home theater viewing. Or, if your packed in to a densely populated apartment complex like me, the smaller sub woofers inside the towers may be just the right size to give you good sound without disturbing your neighbors.

Submitted by Dave a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
I'm running a pair of Polk RT1000s with my Sony 30ES receiver and find them to be excellent speakers. I listen to music ranging from classic rock to disco and have found them to provide acuurate sound in all listening classes.
For movies they function well as fron speakers.