Polk Audio Monitor 50 Floorstanding Speakers

3.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $200.00

• Video-shielded
  • Bass-reflex design
  • Frequency response 57-24,000 Hz (-3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • Sensitivity 89 dB
  • Handles up to 150 watts
  • Dual 5-way binding post terminals
  • 7"W x 35"H x 9-5/8"D

Submitted by virpas a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
I had experience with many speakers from different brand names. Monitor 50 from Polk Audio are pretty good for movies, I'm sure they designed for movies, powerful enough with good bass, decent middle range and acceptable highs. If you need more bass you can just add subwoofer. But for music-I wouldn't recommend these speakers. Of course,depends what kind of music you are listening. If you listening only electronic music speakers would be good for you.But for accoustic music,voices,classical music I wouldn't recommend these speakers.The problem is coloration in highs and middles, voices unnatural. It seems like tweeter give this coloration, middle range-probably because of the crossover,-probably because of the quality of woofer. But overall rating for these speakers could be pretty high,for that price you couldn't get top quality tower speaker,that is budget speakers.

Submitted by plk addict a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
perfect for mid and high! Good enough for bass

Submitted by etabeta a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
It flattens most instruments, takes away character, the speakers are good for voice, not good at all for piano or acoustic guitars. There are no bass tones, medium tones are not good enough. I wouldn't buy this speaker, I don't recommend it. I did a mistake to get it.

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
I had purchased these speakers to replace my front Monitor 30s'. I am very, very pleased with these speakers. The mid's and highs are crips and warm. I can't wait for them to be broken in some more!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by RickKlages a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Excellent Highs and Midrange acceptable bass. Using these in my home theater with a Polk PSW-250. Sounds great in Stereo and with Polk CS1 and 4 Polk RM1300 satilites for 7.1 Sony components round out my system. Recommended at this price.

Purchased At:   PC Richard

Infinity beta 50 vs Paradigm Monitor 7

I had a listen to Infinity beta 50 at CC the other day. I must say that I am quite impressed with the smooth vocal music reproduction on the beta 50. I'm also impressed with the bass reproduction - clear and controlled. I had not have the time yet to listen to the same vocal music on Paradigm Mon ... Read More »