Polk Audio Audio Monitor 70 Main / Stereo Speaker Floorstanding Speakers

The name Monitor is special to Polk Audio. The original Polk Audio Monitor Series, produced in the mid-1970s, ushered in the modern loudspeaker era by setting the standard for performance and value. The original Monitor Series is the line that made Polk Audio famous with its simple, sturdy construction, clear, accurate sound, powerful bass and superior imaging all at a price that made great sound available to everyone.

Submitted by jgleo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
I just received these Polk Monitor 70's, which I bought unauditioned based on price & specs. They are replacing some very old Mirage speakers that were once terrific, but had seen better days. I live in NM, and it is hard to audition out here. However, I had auditioned excellent Paradigm Monitor 7 & 9 speakers connected up to high end electronics in a store. My Polk's are connected to an old Yamaha RX 770 receiver. I had only paid $ 199 ea for these Polk's new thru Amazon. NO WAY to beat these Polk's at that price !!! The Polk's sound probably 95% as good as did the Paradigm's. The Polk's have excellent bass & power, the Paradigm's had an edge in imaging, but I do not know how much of that edge is the speakers themselves as compared with how much might be due to high end electronics vs. my basic receiver.

All in all, it has only been a couple of days, but I am thrilled with these Polk's in terms of performance for the value.

Submitted by layne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2009

Bottom Line:
its been sometime that i really felt that my money was well spent-fuel,food,utilities i'm sure you get the idea.. these polk audio m-70's are worth way more than what i payed,my old fronts were nuance and i noticed a huge difference,sounds i never herd before ,i recommend especially for the price and quality ,you cant lose !!

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by steel9er a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased a pair of monitor70s from an individual who had upgraded to another speaker. I bought the speakers mainly from reviews I had read. These speakers were an upgrade from a pair of jbl 4800s that I have had for about 16 years. I am hearing things in music that I had never heard before. The clarity and crisp delivery of music from these speakers is genuinely ear candy. So far any music that I have thrown at these speakers has been a joy to listen to. I have read from some reviews that a sub was needed to deliver appropriate bass but I disagree and am very satisfied with the bass from these speakers. That being said if used in a home theater situation I could see some wanting a sub. For the money I think these speakers rival many that cost twice as much and there is value in that. The first polk speakers I have owned and probably not the last if this is indication of their speakers.

Product model year:   2008