Pinnacle Baby Boomer Floorstanding Speakers

4.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $895.00

Submitted by rifmon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
One thing about Pinnacle speakers is that there are slim to no reviews. Also, the models and specifiactions of these subwoofers are also difficult to identify. The Baby Boomer I bought and received has a 500 watt internal A/B amplifier as opposed to 600 watts. After a LOT of research I came to the conclusion that what I have is a sub that was originally packaed with a home theater system.

I bought this for a song of a low price of $194.00 shipped from an ebay seller. The seller deals exclusively in Pinnacle Speakers.

I need to qualify my experience with audio equipmemnt so that the reader may know I am not compairing this sub to a home theater in a box sub. I have ownered Legacy Classics, a Legacy high current stereo amp, Mirage Subs back in the late 90's, a Dahlquist Sub and an HSU V2F sub paired with my current Ascend Acoustics speakers.

This little sub so far has equalled the performance of my HSU but at 20% of the price the HSU cost me. This is one articulate, powerfull and DEEP bass! My main goal for any sub is music. Movies are my second objective.
This is a sealed sub and blends perfectly with my Ascend CBM 170SE's. You CANNOT go wrong with this sub!

Submitted by aq11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
This little sub sounds great.It matches nicely with my Magnepan mmg,Phase Tech.teatro center,Mission 77ds surrounds.
It did crack on one movie,The Haunting(dts)before tweaking.Music sounds real nice throught this sub.Keep in mind it,s made for small/med. rooms.

Purchased At:   audiogone.com

Submitted by Jhon Laster a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Pinnacle Baby Boomer sub is a perfect fit for those who want a lot of bass,but don't have room for a sub with a 12 or 15" woofer.The Boomer has 2-8" woofers powered by a 600 watt amp,all in an enclosure that's less than 10" square.It's very solidly built,and features line level and speaker level inputs,and comes with solid brass feet.The amount of bass that comes out of this thing is amazing!It is equally excellent on music and movies.The MSRP is $895,but it can be had for $600-$650 (I got mine for $639).Anyone looking for a reasonably priced,kick-ass sub should check out the Pinnacle Baby Boomer.

Purchased At:   Fry''s

Submitted by craig partridge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
got a KILLER price, arrived dead,sent to pinnacle and they fixed it and sent it back, took a while to break in and place, I was dissapointed for a few days because it was replacing an ACI titan, and it didnt sound too good, but now am starting to appreciate it more every day. It is definatly an underdog of a sub, you(at least I) woulnnt expect much from a cube less than 10" square , It will DEFINATLY EXCEED expectations once working optimally. the price I got it for was icing on cake!! If you are looking for an unobtrusive(little) sub with respectable performance, listen to a BABYBOOMER

Purchased At:   we are electronics

Submitted by Raoul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
A great buy!