Phase Technology Teatro 7.5 Floorstanding Speakers

Vapor Deposition Titanium cone technology has improved the sound of the 7.5 and the appearance. Although most of you will listen to your 7.5's with the black oval shaped grills inplace, our VDT woofer looks so good you may want to show your friends.

The sculpted cabinet of the 7.5 further adds to the style and impressive sound stage of this mid-sized tower. The Teatro 7.5 tower Speaker continues the Teatro Series' appealing design in handsome Rosewood or Ebony Ash laminate. It's a worthy successor to Phase Technology's acclaimed Teatro 7T speaker.

Styling cues include a tapered front surface and a dramatic three foot high cabinet with a black, oval shaped, fabric grille. This ""floating"" grille covers the speaker array that's at the top of the cabinet for ear level alignment of the drivers.

Sculpted removable feet with optional screw-in floor spikes also included.

Submitted by briano72 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
WOW! I can't believe how much bass these put out. much clearer and more detailed them the infinity speakers in my home theater.

Purchased At:   OneCall

Submitted by adventuregeek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
After listening to a used pair of Phase Tech PC-80 bookshelf speakers and being impressed with their detail and imaging I decided to take a chance on ordering a 7.5VDT system (7.5VDT floorstanders, 10" Sub, Teatro Surrounds and Teatro 6.5 center).

When I first got the speakers I noticed a bad spike in the upper midrange. Turned out my room was very bad (wood walls and ceiling, lots of reflection) and needed some treatment.

After hanging some blankets on the walls they sound phenomenal. The imaging is amazing, the image seems to go to about 3' past each speaker and floor to ceiling. A true wall of sound, but with almost pinpoint acuracy. Even has some depth to it. My girlfriend refered to it as "like an audio acid trip".

Detail is amazing as well, it's like I got 1000 new CD's to listen to. Highs are very delicate and airy, without being metalic due to the softdome (Phase Tech invented the softdome).

Bass response is very good, maybe not quite as tight and punchy as some, but smooth and extended. I don't use the sub except for home theater. Dynamic range is great and beats every other speaker I listened to in this range. They seem to almost have no upper limit in dynamics. Titanium driver looks cool too. Handmade in the USA (drivers and all). Overall they can't be beat even for twice the price. Bottom line is incredible value at $650.

Purchased At:   Soundscape

Submitted by Shyven a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the 7.5 vdt's after reading about them on the net. I also bought the 6.5 center and the 4.5 surrounds. These speakers are just great! Crisp and clean sound. Was listing to ART OF NOISE "In No Sense, Nonsense" today and I'm was blown away. If your looking for great speakers at a great price, then get some phase tech speakers. I don't think you will be let down!

Purchased At:   Wilson Audio

Submitted by Marc S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I started out just wanting a new center channel - I picked up the Teatro 6.5 based on a review in Home Theater Magazine. Of course it wasn't sonically matched to my Bose 501s so I went and auditioned the 7.5s. All I can say is WOW - what a difference - clear - great sound stage, etc. So I found the website listed and ordered a pair.

As I was tuning everything with my Avia DVD, I found that one of the tweaters was blown. To make a very long story short Phase Tech took great care of me and the speaker is working fine. They have a great tech support website and they will answer any question quickly.

Several reviewers said they have a break-in period and I'm in agreement - I've had to re-adjust my center twice now - they keep getting louder... Their frequency range (40Hz - 20kHz)is just as advertised.
They're solid - each weighs in at 22lbs.

When combined with the Teatro 6.5, you have a seamless front sound stage - just ask my wife - she has really noticed the difference.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with these speakers (the Teatro 6.5 too). By far one of the highest value to performance deals going. I think they're one of the best kept secrets out there. If you're looking for an upgrade and don't want to spend a great deal of $$ - you need to audition these...

Purchased At:   SimpleRobots.com