Phase Technology PC1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

Submitted by Paul Strickland a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use these as my front speakers right now combined with a PC-3 as my center channel. I plan on using these as rears and buying a pair of PC-3's for my front speakers in the next year.

Purchased At:   Listen Up Audio - Denver

Submitted by M.J.(Bubba) Hacker Jr. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
To start with, I am reviewing this speaker for an office. I have wood walls, and many reflective items. To be blunt this room is not good for acoustics. I have an Nad C740 receiver with an Nad C540 CD Player. They are both wonderful. I tried the Boston Acoustic Cr-7. The size was right. Even after I broke it in, it was to bright for this room. This in no way means I am slamming Boston Acoustic's speakers. I run some VRM-60 in another room and they sound beautiful. In any event, back to my office. I then bought the BayAudio Bebop. Beautiful cherry finish and actually one of the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen. Very well made. They ought to be for $1,200 bucks. I got them because you can adjust reverberence and placement. I tried everything but they to even with there soft dome tweeter were to bright, plus they only go down to about 67 mhz. I then bought these Phase Tech PC 1.1's. Actually they are the same speaker as the PC-1's, just these are the 2001 and the cherry wood finish is gorgeous. Well, problem solved. This speaker is very neutral and transparent with the sweetest highs without being fatigueing. They are very hard to find, but do yourself a favor and find some Phasetech products and listen to them. They are very forgiving and an absolute pleasure to listen to. Enjoy......

Purchased At:   B'Jorns Audio/Video

Submitted by JC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
The weight of these speakers imply more than just your typical bookshelf speaker. I bought them for the rear channels of a home theater system where space was a major consideration. I use 3 PC3's for front left, center and right channels. I was primarily concerned about maintaining the quality and similarity of my front channels with the rear, so the PC1s were a natural choice.

I auditioned these speakers initially not as a part of the home theater setup; but for a bedroom application, and the fit was perfect for both rooms. I recently purchased a second pair of PC1.1s with a PC8 subwoofer for a bonus room. I have found the quality, clarity, transparency in all of my 12 pairs of Phase Tech speakers to be superb.

My first pair of Phase Tech's were a PC 30/50 satellite subwoofer system I used in my college apartment in 1982. I've been a loyal listener every since. Irrespective of price, of which there is always something more expensive creating a better image, the PC1s are an quality buy and an audiophile value.

Purchased At:   Audio Forest