Paradigm Reference Export/BP Floorstanding Speakers

4.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $949.00

Two 6.5 in woofers, two 1-in tweeters, bipolar design

Submitted by Oddie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
Had these speakers for over 4 years or so. They do most things well. Positioning is fairly important if you want that "bipolar" sound, which is really nice when you first experience it. You can usually get a pretty good deal on them. Good Price/Performance. 41/2 out of 5 considering everything.

Submitted by Ron a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had a pair of Export/BP's for about two years and even though I'm constantly searching for that "ultimate" affordable speaker to replace them, I still feel the Exports are excellent speakers. They don't do anything exceptionally great, but by the same token they don't do anything poorly either. If you can find a pair used or left overs at a discounted price (paid $600 on closeout)they are a solid choice. Well built and easy to listen to. By the way, does anyone know where I can get an "audiophile" study guide so I can pass that damn test?

Submitted by Michael Sherman a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have owned my Exports for almost three years. They represented a quantom leap from what Ihad previously owned, in terms of cost. I paid $850 for the pair. For three years, they have served as the mains in my home theater. I also bought Paradigm's PS1000 sub-woofer, CC 100 center, and Mini Mark II for surrounds. The Exports play any type of music well. When reviewed by Stereo Review a few years ago, the reviewer stated they sounded as good as they measured, which was "superb". The reviewer charaterized their sound as "soft", and I must agree. I am now considering trading them back to my local Paradigm dealer for a pair of Studio 80s. For anyone owning or considering a purchase of Exports, they will serve you well. I rate them 4 1/2 stars.

Submitted by Brian Cody a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 1998

Bottom Line:
I purchesed these speakers about two weeks ago and have totaly feel in love with them. I got them for $600 because they where floor models. I have never owned any speakers of this caliber, actually my first set of speakers that I have ever owned. They sound excellent, I know I will have to get a sub later on but I did not expect them to go low and loud. They have got me hooked on home audio for life.

Submitted by Sean Powell a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 1997

Bottom Line:
I have owned a pair of Exports for about two years. I feel that for 100 dollars they are damn fine speakers. The speakers are kind of soft-soundung, but they don't try to to what they can't do, like create distortion and call it "bass". These speakers are not part of the paradigm reference series, but I feel they sound, to me, better than the reference stuff!