Optimus PRO LX-7 Floorstanding Speakers

3.8/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $180.00

7 in. woofer, 3 by 3.5in Linaeum tweeter

Submitted by tlsmania a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought these for use as my quiet speakers while living in an apartment. My 15" Lansings were too much when I wanted to listen to music or the tv in stereo, without headphones. I have also used these connected to a computer and the computer just didn't have the power to drive them. My Onkyo does a go job. The bass is nothing to write home about but it is pleasant for light jazz and vocals. You should always test drive before buying and fo myr purposes the LX7 are fine. Sometime inexpensive can be a good deal.

Submitted by jmoose419 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
The pro lx -7's like the other pro series speakers biggest problem is a weak enclosure. I own lx-10's lx-8's lx-5's and a mathcing cs-5 center speaker. the biggest improvment i did was lining the enclosures with dynamat extreme and filling them up with more insulation. i also took the front plates off and put dynamat on the fronts and reinstalled the plates. what a huge difference !
for cosmetic reasons i also painted the backs a flat black.

Purchased At:   EBAY

Submitted by mchewym a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
Te PRO LX7 are great for your money, i love these speakers. They are hooked up to a budget amp, (sony STR-DE345) and bridged of a optimus 100Watt SUB WOOFER :). I got the speakers for a cheaper price because i work there and i'm trying to track more down around Australia. Overall UNREAL

Purchased At:   Tandy

Submitted by Brad Stearns a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I would have to say that for the size the sound great!
The are a good match for my Pro CS3 center channel speaker and the Optimus XTS-10 Swivel rear channel speakers I use with my NAD 711 Prologic Receiver. The thing that really suprised me is the clean sound even at high volume. Plenty of Bass for me (look Ma no Sub). If your broke after buying $2300.00 worth of NAD Stuff or are just on a budget for buying speakers but you don't want to loose sound quality try a set of PRO LX7 Speakers and you hear what I'm talking about.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by Christopher Wolff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
Ok. First of all, I simply like reviewing this Radio Shack LX series, it's overall the best value in existance, or at least was in existance. I've owned just about every LX speaker made one time or another just because they were so cheap and made a good garage speaker, etc. I still own a pair of these LX-7 speakers. They offer darn good sound for the price. But I will not praise them as I would other LX speakers. They have a harsh high-end that fatigues the ear after a few minutes, and the mid range is a bit muddy with a big hole right between approx. 1700-2400 HZ it seems. They produce a decent amount of relatively low bass(I measured a response down to about 45 HZ -2 DB at my computer desk, that will of course vary depending on the room). I use the speakers for my computer, I have a big L desk and their is plenty of room. And since these speakers have been previously laying around in their boxes, I figured it was better to use them than pay $250 for the Klipsch computer speakers. These things sound a little better in some respects. I don't need a high-end sound system on my computer, that's what my home entertainment system is for. If your looking for a cheap and relatively nice sounding full range speaker for a small room, get a pair of these if you can find them. If your looking for something to play Bach on, take out your VISA and be prepared to pay at least $400 each for a speaker this size that is decent. These LX-7s will not do for that purpose. Most easy listening and cotemporary music sounds good though.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack