Nuance Star 2S Floorstanding Speakers

3.88/5 (26 Reviews)

Home stereo/theatre speakers

Submitted by Jason Broesky a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of n-1500 grand universes @ krazy krazy, but despite the incredable weight of these things, i am very impressed with them. i've NEVER heard subs that could deliver that much bass especially at only medium volume. excellent warranty, sound reproduction; BASS LIKE CRAZY!!! A good buy if you get a good price.

Purchased At:   krazy krazy wpg.

Submitted by E C a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I consider myself a moderate stereo enthusiast. I just purchased a “Think Big” Nuance system with an amp and DVD player. I have to agree with the rest of the reviews that International Stereo sales personal are mentally challenged. Although it is, the product that is, being evaluated not the store. In comparison to other small home theater systems, they are above average. This little system does put out a lot of sound for its size. Although the retail prices for Nuance speakers is ridicules if you can get buy the sales pitch you may walk away with a quality system.

My only concern is what the speakers are actually worth. My amp and DVD total a retail of $700 and I paid $2200 for everything. If Nuance originally was asking $2300 just for the speakers, how can they slash $800 off the price? Therefore, they are not worth what the retail price, but still a good quality product. For those who bash Nuance, what other company has an 11-year warranty? My advice before considering Nuance research what you want and a price, walk in, approach the sales rep, tell them that info, and say that is final make it work. Do not be pulled in to the studio or fall for the BS they tell you. The demo room is the devil the amp they are using is the best money can buy.

Purchased At:   International Stereo

Submitted by Texas2Tall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been an avid Nuance fan since I reviewed the product in 1994 in Toronto.
When I was introduced to the speaker line, I powered them with a Harmon Kardon Reciever @ approximately 100 watts (rated), the salesman and I abused them with CD's and records. I belive they run 91db(Tower) and 94db(Small) I did not believe him so I powered them up with an old pre 80's radio(8 watts) and the sound was spectacular. I have since upgraded my system ONKYO Receiver, DVD's Turntable etal. kept the speakers. I have a couple of friends that are true Audiophiles, they spent more on their turntables than most people spent on cars and they really liked the speakers.

Submitted by zparagasjr a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have auditioned Nuance speakers but just like the rest of you guys, I got turned off by their very pushy salespersons.Has anybody ever tried listening to ATHENA speakers? I bought a POINT FIVE SYSTEM for $800.00 from Audio 2000 and gentlemen and for the price I paid, sound is unbelievable.If you got more than $800I think you get better soundvalue with ATHENAS. Try it and please post a review.
Happy listening and shopping!!!!
Sunny of Toronto

Purchased At:   Audio 2000

Submitted by Matt Hunt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers really pound! I admit that when i did go into international stereo where i bought my speakers i did feel under presure. However i did expect it before i went in. Anyway i managed to get a whole home theatre and a big screen for around $6k which is a good deal. They even sent out an installer to deliver and set up my system.

Purchased At:   International