MTX Audio AAL2230 Floorstanding Speakers

4.65/5 (17 Reviews)

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
These speakers are insane! The only reason I gave them a 4 instead of 5 for overall is due to their insatiable appetite for power. Who can provide 600 watts to these monsters? I was told, on good authority, that MTX decided one day to throw 2 car audio 12" woofers in a huge box with a mid and horn and sell them as home audio, which would explain their ridiculous power consumption. That being said, I am powering mine with a Harmon Kardon AVR-635 ("75" watts per channel, msrp $1300) and these beasts will make pictures go crooked! The water in a glass 15ft away looks like an ocean it vibrates so much.

If you are fortunate enough to find these for a fair price I highly reccommend buying them! If you are selling yours...feel free to contact me. I can't even imagine what 4 of these would do!!

Submitted by Cooper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have aal 2230 mtx speakers for sale, excellent condition.

Submitted by diamonddelts a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchase a pair of these speakers on craigslist last year. And let me tell you these speakers pound the bass! They have more output than any other mtx or cerwin vega speakers I've ever heard and that includes all their bigger models with 15" woofers. I had a pair of DCM -KX212's which these put to shame in terms of sheer output at much lower power levels. If I turn these up to half power they will shake my entire apartment VIOLENTLY. The sound pressure levels these speakers can create is awe inspiring. I am currently powering them with a 150 watts per channel onkyo TX-NR 1000 receiver. I also can biamp two channels and run them at 300 watts and these things will shake everything at 20% power.

They are truly beasts and the best stereo speakers I've ever heard in terms of sheer brute force and output. They are also built like tanks and should last for years without any problems. However their is some audible distortion at higher listening levels. And the bass could be somewhat tighter and deeper. These only go down to 38hz. But once again their output is outmatched. I also owned a pair of MTX AAL-212B which were the newer 8ohm model of these speakers and they did not compare at all. They had no where near the output these speakers produced.

Submitted by BarAce1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
I was lucky to find these speakers. I have had them for ten years with no problems. They have been hooked to a Technics SA-GX650 Home Theater receiver the whole time. They sound as good as the day I bought them. I love it loud and my neighbors love these speakers. They sound great. If anyone has a pair to sell, I'm at SOgle@cfl.rr.com.

Purchased At:   LaSalle Electronics

Submitted by Nick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got these for a steal off audio-direct.com, for only $210 per speaker plus a whopping $5.00 for shipping! IT was a screw up on their part, but my gain. They took months to finally ship them to me, but it was well worth it.

Now for the speakers, they SLAM... I have them running off a Onkyo TS-676 receiver which only puts out 85watts per channel, but it's high current, so it's the same as 150w on a normal cheap receiver. They shake everything, the walls, floors, everything on the shelves, EVERYTHING! Get these and you won't be dissapointed. I bought them because I had MTX subs in my car which were awesome, and these are no different. They extremely well built, high quality, and guaranteed to please you.

Purchased At:   audio-direct.com