Mission 732 Floorstanding Speakers

3.63/5 (19 Reviews)

Submitted by Glenflame a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is the best bookself size loud speakers ever heard. I really appreciate the original owner who didn;t realize the true value of the pair as I will keep them as long as long I could. It is so powerful that I even drove them using max. 110 watt without any issue.

The bass is good and it is so rich and crisp....

Submitted by DMR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
Re wire them internally with Audioquest CV6 and secure them with Bluetack to a good and solid pair of stands( mine are Travertine marble) and they just sing. sure they are not perfect but for AV and good party music they are great. Mine are teamed up with M&K's smallest active sub for extra base slam.

Purchased At:   2nd hand

Submitted by soinie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
A 3.5 rating for the 732s? Ridiculous... I've had these speakers for more than 6 years and every time I think of selling them I give them a good listen only to realize how much I like their sound. It took a serious amount of time to break them in and placement on a pair of stands is essential to their playing up to potential. But they're one the best $250 audio investments I've made. They are not the most detailed speakers I've owned but they are exceptionally clear and effortlessly smooth.

Purchased At:   The Wiz

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
It took me 4 years to move these off of the bookshelf and on to stands, and I'm just beginning to appreciate how good they sound. They're beautifully flawed, have a great deal of character, and generally sound much better than the price I paid for them. It's unfortunate the grill covers are so flimsy but that can be easily remedied with a bit of velcro. If I had a better amp I'm not sure how much better these would sound but I'd love to find out.

Purchased At:   J&R

Submitted by G P a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
Compared these to much more expensive speakers and they were clearer and more defined but lacking in the deep bass that only physically larger speakers can reproduce. I can't stress more the importance of placement when setting up these speakers. I just bought an 'entertainment unit' to hold my TV and all the components nice and neat. The size of the unit left me with enough space to set the speakers the right distance from the side walls but then they were about 6 inches from the sides of the unit. The sound sucks now! @!#!! The difference was amazing! If anybody has any suggestions (besides throwing out the unit), I'm listening.
GP