Mission 732 Floorstanding Speakers

3.65/5 (20 Reviews)

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2016

Bottom Line:
This is a very good budget speaker, though perhaps not as good as some here are suggesting.

I'm arriving at these speakers having owned 734s, 751s and briefly 702s, and my current main set are PMC TB1s.

The TB1s are in a different league, as are the 751s. Both these speakers are much better than the 732 in terms of clarity, accuracy, balance, etc., and actually they highlight the exaggerated bass on the 732. But then again, they're significantly more expensive too..

The 702s are like cheap subwoofers, and any 73* should be way superior.

Compared to the 734s - surprisingly - to my ears the exaggerated bass is more prominent here; though obviously the floorstander should have more bass overall.

I should add that those were used in a much bigger room and with more budget electronics - this time I have a Sony ES amplifier with capacitor upgrades.

Anyway, there's decent clarity on offer here for the money, and to label these boomboxes (a la 702) would be unfair - but I bought them as fun speakers anyway, for which they deliver!

Ultimately, these are a great speaker to go loud with without compromising audio quality, and are still a great bargain & a credible alternative to most of the newer budget stuff available.

They would probably be better suited to gear of a similar budget too is my hunch.

The best part is, mine are near mint and they cost me £20 and a 3 hour drive! Expect to pay £60 for yours though - which is still worth the money.

Submitted by Glenflame a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is the best bookself size loud speakers ever heard. I really appreciate the original owner who didn;t realize the true value of the pair as I will keep them as long as long I could. It is so powerful that I even drove them using max. 110 watt without any issue.

The bass is good and it is so rich and crisp....

Submitted by DMR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
Re wire them internally with Audioquest CV6 and secure them with Bluetack to a good and solid pair of stands( mine are Travertine marble) and they just sing. sure they are not perfect but for AV and good party music they are great. Mine are teamed up with M&K's smallest active sub for extra base slam.

Purchased At:   2nd hand

Submitted by soinie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
A 3.5 rating for the 732s? Ridiculous... I've had these speakers for more than 6 years and every time I think of selling them I give them a good listen only to realize how much I like their sound. It took a serious amount of time to break them in and placement on a pair of stands is essential to their playing up to potential. But they're one the best $250 audio investments I've made. They are not the most detailed speakers I've owned but they are exceptionally clear and effortlessly smooth.

Purchased At:   The Wiz

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
It took me 4 years to move these off of the bookshelf and on to stands, and I'm just beginning to appreciate how good they sound. They're beautifully flawed, have a great deal of character, and generally sound much better than the price I paid for them. It's unfortunate the grill covers are so flimsy but that can be easily remedied with a bit of velcro. If I had a better amp I'm not sure how much better these would sound but I'd love to find out.

Purchased At:   J&R