Mirage Loudspeakers OM-5 Floorstanding Speakers

4.63/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $3499.00

Omnipolar floorstanding 3-way speakers. 1" tweeter, 4" mid, dual 8" active (250W/speaker) woofers.

Submitted by Dennis Perov a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
Very powerful and precise sound. Work great for the music and the movies, recomend a bigger type room to really enjoy them.

For a precision sound folks they would produce a bit of distortion due to its unique design having speakers both front and back.

Really great for parties - just move them out and let people enjoy the sound - they do produce 360 sound, and its very decent and loud.

Submitted by Joe MacDonald a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
I mostly use my OM-5 for home theater.Like other reviews,the OM-5 needs a lager room(2 feet behide and 3 feet to the side)I have the whole Mirage OM theater set-up(OM-5,OM2,BPS-400 and the rears)In a 600sqfoot room the sound image is a treat.The sound is great for movies and music,i find myself listening for hours on end.The bottom end takes a bit time and listening to get right,as well the speakers love the power.My poineer elite vsx-49tx at 160 watts per channel,just did not have enough power.So a Bryston 4B SST was added (bi-wire the hi and the lo)this put it over the goal line.Jazz and 70's rock comes alive. I'am very happy with what the OM-5 do for me and look forward to years of good listening.

Purchased At:   hi-fi sound

Submitted by Elex Minilao a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have used the speakers (Mirage Om-5s) for a few months now and they are totally satisfying. Full range sound, highs, mids and lows are fully represented. Omnipolar is convincing and full of life. I have a huge family/combo ht room with which to fill. To top it off the room has no backwall as it continues on to a kitchen area. I am using OM-5 front left and right, OM-C2 center speaker. Since I have no backwall and wife didn't want floor speakers in the back, I opted for celing speakers - NHT 6.3 (3 tweeters each!) for left, right, and left right back surrounds. Mirage BPS210 subwoofer. Receiver is a Denon 5803. I love the setup. The NHT 6.3s can easily be timmbre matched to the OM-5s thanks to Denon's 5803 channel setup capabilities. Woo-HoO!

Submitted by subcollector a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
As a followup to my earlier review, I felt the bass on the OM-5 was simply too overwhelming. I found out that Mirage had a fix. They modified the bass amps to smooth out the bass. The amps on my speakers were retrofited and now the bass is tuned properly.

Purchased At:   Audio Video Solution

Submitted by subcollector a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
A hidden gem in the world of Audio. Wonderful sound. Great soundstage and definition. Fabulous bass. The service provided by the manufacture is unbeatable. I had my speakers for one hour when both bass amps died. The distributors representative came to my home and replaced both amps.

The equipment that I use with the OM-5 speakers are: