Mirage Loudspeakers FRx-One Floorstanding Speakers

4.73/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

Book Shelf Speaker

Submitted by amandahifi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
exellent balanced,natural sound.typical api fit and finish.

Purchased At:   advance

Submitted by Crazy Canuck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
I also posted a review for these under the "bookshelf" category. Anyway I love these speakers, they are a huge improvement over the P.O.S. Pioneer front speakers I was using before. These have a very broad range of sounds and are very crisp and balanced. So far I am extremely pleased with how they handle both music and movies.

Purchased At:   Glubes

Submitted by RSMifflin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I actually have two pairs of these speakers. I bought my first set in Vancouver in 2000 at Sounds Plus for $325.00 (Cdn). I put them in my home theatre system as my main speakers. I had a set of Bose 201’s in front and I did not realize what I was missing! These speakers are superb! They put most other speakers their size to shame……….For that matter, they could put some speakers 3x their size to shame! I was blown away by the bass extension, imaging and detail they revealed. Also, they are quite “punchy” for a set of speakers this size.

I was so impressed by “EVERYTHING” about them that Christmas past; I bought another set for the rear of my HT system and sold the Bose 201’s. I am certain I will have these speakers for many years to come. I highly recommend that anyone searching for a speaker of this size listen to the FRx-One’s. They are quite amazing.

As a footnote, I considered the FRx-Three’s but, saw no improvement in the Three’s performance over the One’s from the mids up. I have an NHT Sub in my system which covers the low frequencies very nicely. I saw no benefit in spending the extra $100.00 for the Three’s.

Purchased At:   Soundsaround

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers as a rear surround to go along with my 7's and Mirage Center. I bought them because they were actualy cheaper $100 cheaper than the Mirage surround's. Dispite the fact that I have never listed the the surrounds I know they can't sound that much better than these bookshelves do. the sounds for movies are crisp and even with a sub I can hear good base comming from them. Nice speakers, nice sound.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Nate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using these speakers with an Adcom GFA1 (200 wpc), an AMC 1100 preamp, XLO original reference speaker cables, Monster interconnects, and a Denon DCM370 cd player.

I am a college student on a budget, and since I work for a dealer, I was able to get these direct from Mirage at below cost. They really are killer speakers, even in their price bracket, and I chose them over the Klipsch, which are wayyy too bright in my opinion (read: fatigueing), and the Bostons, which for some reason no one at my store seems to like. The Mirage are also built better than the Bostons, and look sharp even with the grilles off. I give these 4 stars because they are very competitive, but also because I feel that for something to get 5 stars it should really deserve it.

PLEASE- DO NOT ask me if I can get these for you on the cheap. The answer is NO. If you want them bad, look on ebay or something. They really are great speakers, even in the $200 bracket.

Purchased At:   Tweeter