Mirage Loudspeakers AVS-200 Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Rob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these little fellas because it was 6.1 package and I read the reviews here. I am very please with the product and will continue to purchase Mirage in the future. The sound fills the room in our new house. They are a bit weak if your a heavy music listener. The sound is still nice, but you can tell a difference between a movie and a cd. It could be that Im just not a heavy music listener at home.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Mike G a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got a great deal on this Mirage surround sound system. It includes 4 AVS200 satelite speakers, one AVS 100 center channel, and the FRx-S10 sub. Powering my speakers is a Pioneer Elite VSX-21. In comparison to my old JBL surround sound system in a box, the Mirage speakers sound much richer and less disorted. The dialogue in every movie is easier to understand, and surround sound effects are more realistic. The small speakers don't produce any unnecessary bass, that all comes from the 10inch sub.
With the sub set on low, it still generated a termendous amout of bass.
Basically this entire package sounds great. For the price you get a real band for the buck. If you're in the market for a surround sound system that will exceed your expectations and can't afford floor standing speakers, I would definitely recommend try these Mirages.

Submitted by Barton Bobb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
These little surround speakers are excellent and blow my old, crappy Sony rear speakers totally away! The price was a good bit more as well of course, but I was very fortunate in getting these on sale b/c the store was going out of business (retail price is $180 I believe and I got them for around $120). Even though they aren't the specified match for my Mirage FRx-Ones, they sound great with them and I couldn't be happier so far. The sound is very clean and they add plenty of bass as welll. Mirage makes great speakers, especially for how inexpensive they are, and these surround are an example of the Mirage high quality.

Submitted by Neil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased these in a package with the FRx-One fronts, FRx-Center, and FRx-S8 sub. They sound incredible and really fill out the system.

They can produce a lot of sound, without distortion. And, the casing of the speaker is very solid. I listened to Mirage bi-polar surrounds, but these had so much more pleasant sound come from them.

The speakers do not come with mounting brackets, and the API MegaMount brackets made for them do not come with screws. So, make sure to get all of it in one trip, or make 3 trips like I've done.... ;-<

I enjoyed these much more as surrounds than as front main speakers. The FRx-One's are not much more and have a wider soundstage and better imaging. The AVS-200's match well with the FRx-S8 sub in my mid-size living area.

I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for rear surround speakers. I've heard sounds in movies that I never knew were there before!

Mine run off a Yamaha HTR-5150 receiver. They were a little pricey, I thought, but I got a package deal which brought their price down at Ed Kellum & Son A/V in Dallas. The brackets should be around $30.

Submitted by Carl Moore a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
This could possibly be the best satellite speaker in the market today the Mirage 200's do an excellent job the mids and the highs of all dd mastered movies.

Mirage kicks bose right in the anus no doubt!!
My fronts are the Cerwin Vega's Re20 series and the Infinity center channel speaker.

If anyone has an opinion for a sub please E-mail me.