Miller & Kreisel 750THX System Floorstanding Speakers

6 Speaker Home Theater System

Submitted by joey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2014

Bottom Line:
This is the set up of mkII series of the 750 THX
Combo with 3 parasound halo A23 amp.
And the parasound c2 preamp ... to me it is the perfect set up For movies lover. You can't go wrong with this

Submitted by Fred Gomez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have had the M&K 750 THX Select (5.1 set) for 3.5 years. I have to say, it’s the best investment I’ve my in my 20+ years of begin an audio enthusiest. I specifically purchased this make & model for watching DVD moves on my 50” Mitsubishi Gold Series. Music wise, I listen to music, using my home theater system as simply back-ground noise.

I purchased this set from Home Entertainment (Houston, TX – Willowbrook location) for $1800. I had the salesman match the price from an internet website because I also purchased the 50” Mitsubishi and a Toshiba DVD player – I would say I got a good deal.

I have a fairly large “grand-room” (24’ x 15’) high ceilings. Upon set-up, I noticed the sound was a bit “bright”. In order for me to improve the sound from the initial set-up, I performed the following:
1)Increase the main speaker stand from 24” to 36” high to counter the highs from my optimum seating.
2)Frequently adjusted the phase on the subwoofer.
3)Because I have thick carpet, I placed a 16”x16” tile underneath my sub-woofer and elevated the speakers 1.5” from the tile to eliminate misc. collateral distortion.
4)Pointed the main speakers slightly in-wards and my center slightly downwards (on top of 50” TV) towards my optimum seating location.

Purchased At:   Home Theater

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
What can I say, Simply put.... perfection

Affordabable for the audio enthusiast,
unbelievable sound, clarity and range.

Would buy this one again for 2 timed the price. Added a second V1250 Sub for completeness.

Mated to Denon AVR-3300 with SONY CD and DVD

Submitted by KKR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
What can I say? Buy it - you won't be disappointed. I use two MK-V1250 sub's. That really makes your trousers shake! - and gives you a lot more uniform bass-reproduction as well without having to be concerned about the "sweet-spot" - at least as goes for bass. Hardware used: Parasound's fantastic AVC-1800 Pre-ceiver / HCA-855A Power Amp.