MB Quart QLC-604 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $1199.00

3 way tower

Submitted by Bill Day a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
I read a review of these by Home Stereo Buyer's Guide (http://www.mbquart.com/reviews.htm#Creview) and was very intrigued. When they popped up at Onsale.com for $199.00 each new, I could not resist.

I haven't regretted my decision since. Crisp highs, nice midrange and adequate bass ( I have active sub hooked up to augment) and a very live and airy soundstage.

For HT, I picked up the QL C304 CTR center channel as well. It's a little bright at times, but matches the speakers well.

I'm moving up to Magnepans because I can never leave well enough alone, but if you can find these at a good price, don't hesitate to pick them up.

My equipment:
Marantz SR-7000 (Soon to be replaced by SR-18)
Sony DVP-S7700 DVD/CD player (great)
MB Quart QLC-604 Towers
MB Quart QLC-304 Center
BIC DV62si surrounds
Sony MDS-JE330 Minidisc
Toshiba Cinema Series Bigscreen (Couldn't be happier)
Monster Sub and Component video cables
Kimber 4T speaker cables
Sanus stands

Purchased At:   Onsale.com

Submitted by MR DO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I do not listen to rap much so I do not care for the thundering bass that this pair lacks. But like I said before, that is what a separate sub is for. I wouldn't want that kind of bass from these speakers anyhow. There is enough response on the low end to put a smile on my face everytime I listen to them. The highs and mids leave me breathless. I am running these off of a Harman Kardon AVR 7000 and boy does a good receiver make a world of a difference!