Magnat Vector 11 Floorstanding Speakers

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Small monitors

Submitted by John Clark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I own a pair of magnat vector 11 and a pair of magnat vector 5, I find them very acoustic and gentle with deep bass sound. When I drive them , as front of my HT system, with Receiver Yamaha DSP - AX1, they sound very good, powerful. I think it's really worth buying them

Submitted by EIK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
quality=top... nothing else to say... the chase of real wood... big nice magnet.. but also magnet safe...

Purchased At:   stolen

Submitted by David K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
Using them as front speakers on my 5.1ch setup in my room. They are awesome, without a doubt the best sound I've ever heard on a home setup. Great sound range, and very loud. Easily hooked up. Although they are not really designed for front speakers, they do the job really well! Very impressed with them and my other Magnat speakers. Another star for the Germans! Recommend to anyone wanting great sound. Magnat - Sound Mit Biss (Sound With Bite)

Purchased At:   Retravision

Submitted by Thiele Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am using the Vector 11 speakers with a Luxman DZ-112 CD Player and Luxman LV-102 Amplifier. I have a Monster 400MK2 .5M interconnect and monster original speaker cable.

I picked these speakers up at a local retailer. I have been very happy with the speakers. I was in the market for a small bookshelf speaker for my bedroom. After listening to a few different speakers including paradigm and klipsch, I was very impressed with these speakers. These speakers sound awesome and I *definately* recommend them to anyone in the market for a speaker of this size. The speakers are very well built, with the exception of the plastic posts on the back of the speaker grills that hold them to the speaker. EVERY single one fell out within the first couple times of taking them off. A bit of superglue fixed that for good! Other than that well worth the money

Submitted by Dimitris Evangelinos a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
I listen to music a lot at the office, especially using my computer's CD player. I would never use those silly plastic PC speakers for the purpose. Searching the shops for an audiophile small monitor priced about $100, i stumbled on Vector 11. Except from specs and listening tests, i always judge speakers the weight and by knocking on them (!!). They convinced me they are candidates for good quality driver units and rubust design to avoid colouring.Those little monsters still drive me away. I remember the first days that I was constanty surprised by the brillance of middle and high frequencies, and the natural sound of acoustic guitar and drums. Also the bass is quite tight regarding their miniature size (they are only 23 cm high). The stereo image is incredible.
CD "quality" is the biggest lie in the sound industry. Analogue sound is the truth. Listening to vinyl records (i am using AudioTechnica AT432EP/OCC) i confirmed the excellent response of the tweeters and the absence of coloring. Those tweeters are really exceptional quality.
I have no extensive experience from small monitors, but i believe that listening to my Vectors did not corrupt my sense of natural sound. I can recommend these speakers for audiophiles that want to experience HiFi from their computer or for those needing a small monitor and have limited budget. They will not regret it !

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile