M&K S-125
Description: The result of M&K's latest work in the psychoacoustics of multichannel digital sound, the new S-125 combines great musicality with a new level of dynamic and exciting performance, all optimized for the latest Dolby Digital AC-3 5.1 multichannel technology. Designed for playback of 5.1 channel discrete digital program sources (and designed using Dolby Digital AC-3 and our own 5.1 channel program material), the S-125 is a true reference speaker for digital multichannel sound.

Submitted by briaetz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I would have to say that you could spend twice as much on some speakers and not be as pleased as you would be with the
MK S-125. My brother has B&W and my dad has some Mirage speakers. Either of them do not even come close to the sound qaulity from audio and video that the M&k does. I am super pleased with these speakers. The v-75 sub is a nice compliment to the s-125 set up.

Purchased At:   Modern Music

Submitted by simonathena a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Now having spent more than a year with this speaker system I feel confident in my high recommendation of M&K and the S-125 system. For home theater applications, M&K is legendary and some of their systems are for home theater reproduction exclusively. However, the S-125 system is a true cross-over that is perfect in home theater and music reproduction. S-125's do require a sub, however true home theater is tied closely to having a subwoofer in the system anyway. I listen to music as much as watching TV or movies. This system is perfect for those kind of requirements. Build quality is excellent and each speaker is personally tested prior to shipping. The one thing that is a personality trait of M&K speakers is that what you put in is what will exactly come out. In other words, if these speakers are given a poor quality recording, it will sound terrible-no coloration or enhancement. Good quality recordings sound good, excellent quality recordings sound excellent. In addition, these speakers need a half-decent system behind it. A poor quality amplifier will show itself clearly on an M&K system. This is not a flaw in my eyes, just a more clear view of this system's ability to accurately reproduce the sounds it is fed.
If you listen to music and want home theater this system should be one of the top on your list.

Submitted by Lonch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Let me say that I do not go to the movie theater anymore. I have S-125 across the front, S-85's sides and rears, two MX-150THX's. All powered by a Lexicon DC-1 and Rotel amps. AWESOME! Alot of people that know speakers will say I'm crazy about this next part but here goes. I demo'd, at my home, 3 pairs of speakers to determine my Home Theater set up. First the Vienna Acoustics, they sound great, wide open, detailed, very smooth, only problem, not a Rock n Roll speaker(not as dynamic as the rest). Next the Monitor Audio MG-10, very good sound, good for all types of music, very very neutral, excellent base for monitor. Next the M&K's Sounded just a touch better all the way around, only downfall is you have to have a sub, but I have two killer subs, so no issue there. To be honest I still debate in my head if I made the right choice, but I'll also say this, I do not regret getting them. If 90% of your listening is Home Theater then the M&K is the only way to go. If you're 50/50 get the Monitors. If you like 90% music (not so much Rock) definitely Vienna.

Purchased At:   Premier Audio- Charl

Submitted by Tony a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
Obviously on my previous review I clicked on the wrong overall rating number. These speakers are "5" across the board! Give a listen!

Purchased At:   Alamo Electronics

Submitted by Tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I did two years of research in an effort to find the perfect speakers in my price range. After much reading and listening, I chose the M&K S-125s. What a speaker! The transparency and imaging are simply stunning! While I was saving up to buy these speakers, everyone kept urging me to settle for something less. But I knew what I wanted! And I would not be satisfied until I had them. Then one day my wife and I had stopped at Alamo Electronics in Cincinnati just to browse around. And there they were! A set of S-125 demos at a price I couldn't refuse! I got them home and hooked them up and they exceeded my expectations! The sound of CDs and DVD movies is unbelievable! All the research and waiting truly paid off! The fidelity of these speakers is amazing! I have 125s across the front and S-85s as surrounds along with the MX125 MK II subwoofer. This system is the truth! Pure butter! I can't recommend these speakers highly enough! Hearing is believing! I slap in Phil Perry's CD (Magic) and just sit back and marvel at the sound! Five channel stereo is awesome with this system! The 125s are the star of the show! If you're in the market for quality speakers, give a listen to M&K S-125s and you'll see what I mean.

Purchased At:   Alamo Electronics