Lowther Medallion II PM2A Floorstanding Speakers

PM2A drivers ($1250 pr.), Medallion II cabinets ($2050 pr.)

Submitted by Kittipol Saeng a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I built the cabinet myself by the plan from Lowther america. I was surprise how much the different when I heard it the first time and after 500 hours of using. The sound it produce in mid and high is better than any other loudspeaker I have ever heard in my life. The draw back it has is the volume of bass. After learning from the theory of designing horn, I found out that the cabinet design has too much compromise. This cause the low frequency to come out so little compare to the super high sensitivity of midrange and high. I give the 4 rating just because I think that the bass and mid to high is not match. But the sound quality is superb. The soundstage is just like the real life music playing in front of your listening session. I have listened to other over price loudspeaker such as Wilson Audio WATT/PUPPY, revel, Eggleston, Thiel and B&W 801. None of them can present the music of the Lowther at all. I am now designing my own horn for this PM2A. It will have lower frequency response and have the least compromise as possible.