Linaeum Extreme
Description: 2 way bookshelf w/ 6.5 in woofer, TLS Linaeum tweeter

Submitted by funoka a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I just bought a new Yamaha receiver at Myer-Emco and wanted to hook it up quickly. I needed some bookshelf speakers for my rear channels and these are an outstanding value. I thought these would be temporary while I looked around for a permanent pair, but I may save some case and just use these. These are a great bargain, if you can still find them.

Submitted by George Louis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This an update to my prior review of the Radio Shack-RCA Linaeum speakers. They are called dipoles but they are in fact bipoles. They are two monopole speakers connected back to back and both diaphrams move when viewed from the front of the front mounted tweeter in opposite directions from each other unlike a dipole speaker such as an electrostatic or ribbon or any single diaphram speaker that needs to be mounted in a cabinet so that its back wave won't cancel its front wave.a

Submitted by georgelouis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
A very good speaker to mate with a larger woofer and other mid-range/tweeters. ?

Purchased At:   RadioShack

Submitted by Brashpunker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got the Lineaum Dipoles and 5 im woofers also at Radio Shack, I have been wanting theese babies since I saw them a few years ago but $340.00 was too high fer me. They just went down to $100 a pair during a blowout sale and man are they GREAT! Have tried em out on MANY types of music and wow, you have to hear it to believe it.

Submitted by Ron a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased the dipose tweeter , designed by Linaeum, separately at Radio Shack. It has a 1st order x-over at 2500Hz. I soldered a jump wire across the cap and put in my own cap 2.2mf making the x-over slightly above 8K. I use it as a super tweeter. It is very smooth, clean and works excellently as a super tweeter. I sells for $40 but I got it on sale for $30. Radio Shack sells their 2-way(with this tweeter) for $300/pair. It is an excellent investment.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile