KLH HT91 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Gavin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for about 2 months and they sound pretty good for the price. I have them hooked up in the A speaker input and KLH 9915s hooked in the B input. When I compare them to my 9915s they sound like horse qrap but my 9915s sound pretty damn good. I would not reccomend these to a rich person who is looking for a pair of top notch surround sound speakers, but if you are looking for a pair of surround sound speakers too match up with a pair of floor speakers that sound fairly well and dont cost much than these are the speakers for you. I woold not reccomend putting more than 50 watts rms through them because they might distort. I bought mine from ebay for $84

Submitted by Eric a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
Purchased online, set up was easy even the speaker wire was included. The room I installed them in was designed for a home theater so maybe that has something to do with my overall impression. But I would recommend these to anyone who is setting up a HT system on a budget. Clear crisp sound and good base from a passive sub-woofer. I set up my whole system for $500 including DD/DTS recevier and DVD. New to the home theater scene so take with a grain of salt.

Submitted by Charlie a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purhcased these speakers from onsale.com for $75. For $75, you get a decent sounding set of speakers for dolby surround or dolby digital. If you are purchasing speakers for music, I wouldn't recommend these. I spent more on the speaker wire for these speakers than the speakers themselves.
The subwoofer is a pass through subwoofer with means it will work on receivers that don't have a subwoofer output. The left and right front speakers pass though the subwoofer.

These are probably the lowest end surround sound speakers on the market and sound OK. I;m giving them 4 stars for value.