KLH 525 Floorstanding Speakers

4.43/5 (7 Reviews)

Center Channel Speaker

Submitted by Brad Lewis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
This KLH speaker with 4 mid-ranges and 1 tweeter is and works great. Puts out clear vocals. This is the speaker for the audio lover who is short on money.

Purchased At:   American Electronics

Submitted by bigpapa_k a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
For the price one really can not go wrong. I purchaced this in 1997, it is actually a 941 (525 repackaged for Bestbuy) and the thing still sounds great. I have since upgraded my main speakers and purchased a sub, but didn't feel the need to replace the center channel. KLH has some true garbage out on the market, but once in a while there is truely a gem to be found.

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by E-DOGG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was shocked at how good this little KLH speaker sounded. The voices extend far from the speaker edges and project out into my room. Although I first I thought it was a little bright sounding, once I got it dialed in I was really surprized. although its low end rating may be off,it preforms great with my crossover set to 100 Hz. And it was a prefect blend to my main speakers. I also have KLH twisty satellites at the rear and find them quite nice. to be honest I was afraid of KLH at first. Because the low prices may mean poor quality but its not true. Ive tried (4) centers from higher end brands and the 525 won out. all I can say is: recommened.

Purchased At:   REX TV AND APPLIANCE

Submitted by Anthony Molet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just bought a very nice Sony STR-DE845 A/V receiver, so I decided that I needed to upgrade my center channel speaker. I found this one at amazon.com for $79.00, after come here to read the review I decided to get it. So far, it has been great. The first thing you notice is that it is very heavy and very solid. The speaker housing is made of plastic; some may cringe at the though of plastic, but I like it much better than that cheap wood laminate stuff. The bottom line is that this speaker looks very solid and is well made. Before I talk about the sound quality, let me just say I mostly use my audio equipment to watch DVD’s. I have to say I was very impressed with sound quality of this speaker. Both highs and meds sound great and, surprisingly, it doesn’t totally suck with bass either considering it’s a center channel and is not designed for that sort of thing. I have played some classical music and opera with this speaker and the voices sound very clear and crisp. I can say it does sound better than Bose’s center channel speaker, and better than the low end Sony’s and Cerwin Vega’s. I think anyone how wants a good center channel speaker and doesn’t want to spend $200 to $300 on one, will love this KLH. The only down side to this speaker is the cheap wire clips in the back, but I guess I really can't complain, considering how cheap they were.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Submitted by Alex a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
Honestly, this center speaker is good for its prize. I have a tight budget and found out this is the cheapest 125W center speaker that performs good sound quality as other higher brand names. It matches my main speakers Acoustic Research AR216PS quite well.

I tested it with True Lies, Enemy of the state, Matrix etc...amazingly, it suits my need of hi frequency. The bathroom action in True Lies is realistic. Telephone rings in Matrix are clear.

This is the same model as 941 I think. I bought this unit from 800.com with 20% coupon. Total I paid was $68.00. Not bad but thinking about its name, I think the price should be lower than this.

One thing I don't like from this speaker is the housing is made of plastic...It makes itself look cheap. And it should be deep black not dark gray.

However, the weekness I found is not relevant to its performance. So, I give it 4 for value because of its brand and 5 for its performance.

Bi-Amping questions for HK 525 & 6.1 set-up w/multiroom for 6th channel

Here is the background info. I have a Harman Kardon AVR525 with 6 speakers and 1 sub hooked up to it. The 6th speaker is used in a different room with the multiroom function. So in effect, there is one unused amp in the receiver. The extra speaker in the other room is a Klipsch Rb-35 which is capabl ... Read More »

HK AVR 525 vs. Panasonic SA-RX25

Hello all, new to the site! Looks great by the way! Currently I have the Panasonic SA-RX25. I can't complain about this unit. It sounds pretty good and I bought it for an excellent price! However, I recently upgraded my speakers to the Athena Audition Series. I'm sure these speakers and the Pa ... Read More »

HK 525 speaker choice, help please.

Ok, just got a new HK 525 and my current Infinity and Cambridge SW speakers just aren't cutting it so I've decided that if I can make it my xmas gift I'll try to upgrade. Short on time though if I want to get them here for xmas...and they only thing I really know is that I want the voices during mov ... Read More »