KEF IQ5 Floorstanding Speakers

• Magnetic Shielding
  • Sensitivity: 88dB

Submitted by yieldtochaos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
I spent several months searching for a new pair of speakers for my room. After several years of being stationed overseas I wanted to get a new set. I was about to purchase a JBL's studio series floor stands but came across the IQ5's. I was simply amazed at the warmth of the sound. It has that full sensation as if you were right there in the conversation. My music has never sounded so good. For movies it's hard to beat. I can clearly hear conversation in the background crowd that normally sounds like giberish. I love JBL but KEF really does have a new spot in my top 10 list.

The only really con I can think of is that they are pricy but go figure. Better quality requires more price. Oh, these things are power hogs. They require more energy than your normal speaker. The speakers are a bit more rigid than normal so they need more watts. I recommend a good receiver with a clean high output amp.

Purchased At:   Domes A/V Enviroment

Submitted by peter laan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
When the Kef IQ 5 speaker is connected with a powerfull amplfier as for exemple the Accuphase E11 or 12 he produce a very smooth powerfull and large sound like a much bigger speaker. The sound is really HIFI and enough bass.
The dimensians are friendly for a smaller room. All kinds of music like Bach and latin Jazz and rock are reproduced very well. a top speaker for a small amount of money. One of the best Kef speakers!

Purchased At:   Raf Amsterdam