KEF Cresta 30
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency response: ±3 dB 45 Hz - 20 kHz</li> <li>Crossover frequency: 3 kHz</li> <li>Sensitivity: (2.83 V / 1m) 90 dB</li> <li>Impedance: 8 Ohm</li> </ul>

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have to say that these speakers are incredible. I was able to get the entire Cresta package, the 30's, the 10's, and the 20c center and WOW! I have had Klipsch, Bose, Paradigm, B&W Dm603's, Pinnacle CGT's, and these are by far the most musical and cleanest speaker of them all. Now yes, they are lacking the punch of the above mentioned, but what do you expect from a single 6.5 inch driver?? I still find myself shutting off my Paradigm subwoofer to listen to only the Kef's. I have a Denon 3808 used as a preamp and Adcom GFA-7400 5 channel amp. The sound is incredibly full for a single driver. They are also a beautiful maple and very sleek. I was blown away immediately. I'm not gonna talk about soundstage and all that because I believe we are all different and have different definitions of what that is. I loved my Paradigm Studio Reference 20's, but after hearing the Kef's, I have no hesitation in selling the Paradigms.

I mentioned that they lack punch, but that is because most of my speakers in the past have had dual 8 inch drivers. I adjusted the crossover on the Denon and played around with the Eq and I have to say that they are very capable of reproducing great bass response that is very musical. I don't have one bad thing to say about these speakers and I highly recommend.

Submitted by Janjuc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
Was able to pick up two pair at a hi-fi closing down sale for a very good price, and am using them in my home theatre setup for main fronts and surrounds.
Also purchased the Cresta 20c for the centre at the sale and the whole whole package was less than a pair of the Cresta 30's were 5 months ago.
The main area these do well is in the midrange, voices are excellent, and orchestral music is also handled well, and with the availability to biwire / biamp the speakers is a bonus.
They are also quite easy to drive, finding that I can use a lower volume setting on my Denon AVR 3808 to achieve similar volumes.
The build quality is quite good, I can see no discernible flaws in the set I have

Submitted by CHEN CASSANDRA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
Remains true to KEF advert being of audiophile quality at this category.
Projects excellent female voices.
Works well with "atmospheric " recordings.
Bi-wiring improves sound quality.
Good for movies as well as it provides excellent soundstage.
Sounds great with or without mesh speaker driver enclosures.
Great sound engineering from KEF at this price.

Purchased At:   HONGKONG

Submitted by asdsad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers from richer sounds next friday.

Purchased At:   richer sounds