JS Engineering Infinite Slope Floorstanding Speakers

4.58/5 (12 Reviews)

3 way floor standing design using 2 10" woofers, 6.5" midrange and 1" tweeter. Bi-wire/Bi-amp capable. Sealed enclosure. Speaker weighs about 100 lbs

Submitted by Doug Wells a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
These speakers put out an incredible sound, full rich and detailed. Easy to obtain not just window shaking volumes but the actual brick exterior, with clarity, if youare in to that as sometimes I am. They are also capable of a warmth and depth at very very low levels.I have compared these to psb gold i Mirage 1090 bi polar as well as variou speakers by energy ditton paradigm yamaha and kef.These infinite slopes model 2 with 5 drivers always come out on top.They are big but so easy to move with the rollers.I have amps on top of each makes for easy access and hook up. Great looking as well.My wife wants me to downsize but says we are never selling these.Very efficient speakers can be driven with 30 watt amp. I am currently using a yamaha m4.If these model 2s with the 5 drivers ever are available do not hesitate you will be exttremely pleased and never need to upgrade.

Submitted by Howard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought a set of JSE Infinite Slope Model 2 speakers off Ebay. The speakers weigh 125lbs each. Cool thing was...the guy selling them lived right down the street. I love these speakers. I believe most if not all of the drivers were Dynaudio. Well I've replace all the drivers...most importantly the tweetes. I installed Jantzen tweeters. What a beautiful sound! I'm powering these things with all Adcom. The amp is an old GFA-555. These speakers are crystal clear...and if you wanna turn em up...holy moly! If you can get your hands on em.....enjoy man!

Submitted by Mwalsdor_cscc_edu a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
Ran across this by accident and thought I'd add my review. I'm the original owner of the Infinite Slope Model 1's in piano black and red grilles. I purchased these in 1986 for $920. Shortly there after I bought the spiked 5" medal stands - good investment as the OEM casters were a weakness. I used these as my primary speakers until they were replaced in 2000 by the Silverline Sonatina's which I paid $3800. Compared to the Silverlines the Slopes hold up pretty well. Greater base extension but don't perform the disappearing act of the Sonatinas. While both have soft dome tweeters the Sonatinas are more extended and a good bit smoother.

I drove the Slopes with a modest NAD amp until 5 years later I brought home a Dynaco ST-70 and found out what they could really do - wow! I later upgraded to a Golden Tube Audio SE-40. After getting the Silverlines I upgraded to a VAC 35/35 integrated amp [great product] and finally the Moth Audio 45 SET I'm currently using. I never hooked up the Slopes to either of the latter two but I'm sure it would have really swung with the PP VAC.

The Slopes have been stored for a number of years but are currently seeing duty in my home theatre. The speakers have performed flawlessly, the only mods were to replace the stock binding posts with solid Rhodium. I aced the red grille covers years ago as the glossy piano finish is too beautiful to cover.

Submitted by MothAudio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2010

Bottom Line:

I drove the Slopes with a miodest NAD amp until 5 years later I brought home a Dynaco ST-70 and found out what they could really do - wow! I later upgraded to a Golden Tube Audio SE-40. After getting the Silverlines I upgraded to a VAC 35/35 integrated amp [great product] and finally the Moth Audio 45 SET I'm currently using. I never hooked up the Slopes to either of the latter two but I'm sure it would have really swung with the PP VAC.

Submitted by David a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great Infinite Slope speakers in black lacquer finish. Tweeter on one is shot. Does anyone know how I can replace it? Thanks.