Jean-Marie Reynaud Twin MK2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.86/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $595.00

Lively, vivid and perfectly musical, the twin is the first step into the fascinating universe of true High Fidelity. Its high sensitivity and minimum 8 ohms impedance allows an association with a wide range of amplifiers.

Submitted by Jasper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2008

Bottom Line:
This must be the MKIII already I think, and at this price and a little above possibly one of the best speakers one can buy. The temptation to compare them with the higher priced is there and that is a good sign. This is (almost) high-end at a shoe-string. Yes, deep bass lacks (as with many monitors at this size I think) and some resolution for sure, but it is an easy speaker. Easy to drive, easy to the ear. In the beginning I missed soul and character, but I am starting to find them more pleasant. Still I think it is a little too middle of the road for my (demanding) taste, but still, you cannot ask more in this priceclass I think and there it scores well beyond expectation!

Submitted by rmihai a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best speaker I ever listen to under $1300. I would say that is the best deal within this range. The musicality and airness of this speakers are hard to imagine. Acctually I am posting here the review for the Twins MK3, as long as I don;t have where to post else. And I listened to both of them, the MK2 and MK3. MK3 is incoomparable better than MK2.
Before deciding to go with these speakers I listened to anything else available here in Toronto Canada. The Twins MK3 proof to be, in a direct comparison, better than: SONUS FABER Concerto, B&W 705, PROAC Tablette Ref. 8, DYNAUDIO Audience 52 SE, EPOS m12, REGA Jura, JMLAB Cobalt 806 Signature, ACOUSTIC ENERGY AE 300 or QUAD 11L. I dare to say, in such a select companion, that is the best monitor under $1000.

Purchased At:   Audio dealer

Submitted by mart koolen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had Sonus Faber Amator Electa and wasn't amused because my tube amp could't make them alive. Alwayse the low freq.
that make the music frustrating.
Now i have JMR twin 2 and all musici are in my room with a dry en powerfull low.

Submitted by charles sarram a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had the opportunity to own these speakers for 4 months now and to date I have never regretted purchasing it. I have compared these with the Spendors S3/5 which I also own and these are two different speakers. Each have their own forte. At first I wanted to sell the Spendors to replace it with these. But after break in time, I realized that each of these speakers excel at their own musical range. If to take an all arounder, the Twins would be to get. If one is really into classical, light pop, jazz, and instrumental type of listening, the Spendors take it. Emotional factor is one thing that the JMR Twins really shines. If one is at a concert hall, JMR is closer to the performers than the Spendors. With the Spendors you are about 4 rows back. Some people prefer to be near with the performers while some prefer to "party" with the performers in the stage. Take your pick.

The other factor I really enjoy about the twins is the engaging and beguiling musicality it possess. Once I get stuck on my chair, I'm there for hours playing from one cd to another. I cant stop listening to them.

The non fatiguing sound of the Twins allows you to experiment with near field positioning and without the rooms interaction, the speakers just paints the walls like potraits of instruments hanging into space, at the same time doing its disappearing act.

I now begin to wonder what the other line of JMR speaker can do ????

Submitted by Giancarlo Miller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am not an audiophile by strict standards. I am a freelance musical arranger. My keyboard is my soulmate. On the side, I just enjoy the motion of “buy and sell” from time to time, partly because of my affection to cars. I thought I’d apply the same on my speakers. I own a Sonus Faber Concerto driven by a Bryston B-60. These were recommended to me by a close friend who now migrated with his family to France. He emailed me two months ago telling me to upgrade my Concerto to this hottest French speaker, Jean Marie Reynaud Twin Mk. 2. Cool name!

So I did. After about 30 days break in (at 8 hours a day playing) I am convinced that indeed the JMR Twin Mk. 2 sounds better. I repeat, I am not an audiophile so I am not conversant on audiophile “jargons” (transparency, resolution, soundstage, blah blah blah…). Who needs those! Plain and simple, the Twin Mk. 2 sounds much much better than my Concerto. No fatigue. Its performance is very close to what I hear in the recording studio. Period. Any questions?

So I sold my Concerto just last week.

The dealer told me that the Twin Mk.2 has to reach at least 200 hours break in. So in that sense, I’m still breaking in my new Twin Mk.2. While waiting, I’m of to play with my new Ferrari. To me, cars and speakers do mix afterall ! So, excuse me. Brooom!

Purchased At:   FS Audio