JBL L-5 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (15 Reviews)

four way floor standing speaker

Submitted by Leo Wetzel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought a new condo in 1993 and wanted new speakers as well, so I had a budget of $3,000 and I listened to many speakers before I bought a pair of JBL L-5's for $1,100 because nothing sounded as good for under $3,000. Today they are in my new house and they sound as good as the day I brought them home to my old condo. I still love them!

Submitted by oli a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
Las tengo sonando con un pequeño equipo LG de los de ahora y que barbaro que bien y alto suenan creo que debido a su alta sensibilidad, no mas de 15 watts les meto y suenan como de 100. Ya no mas subwwoofer al menos yo ya no.

Submitted by filecat13 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I use these as rear speakers to my front L-7s. They provide a great audio signature to complement the L-7s and the SVA-1800 that I'm using as a center. I replaced smaller speakers, and the difference is absolutely amazing.

Obviously, they won't be taxed often in their position as rear speakers, but when the source material demands a lot, I no longer have to cringe as the the sound from the rear distorts. The L-5s can handle virtually anything, and they sound awesome doing it.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by timbeaux a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really didn't know what I had until I just upgraded from a Sony (715) to a Denon 2802 receiver. While the L5's provided respectable sound with the Sony, coupled with my 110 JBL sub (yet to blow up, fingers crossed), the combination of a clean receiver and these has got me digging through my CD's once again. Got them because I couldn't afford the L7's at the time, glad I couldn't. These will be with me for a long time (at least until my toddler son has his way with them)

Purchased At:   j and l

Submitted by lisapizza a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent Speakers. People who say this is a weak speaker, Have'nt pushed it's power handling. I recently bought a CarverC1000A receiver which slams 200 watts per channel!!! These babies were calling me , " Feed Me More!!" The most incredible thing about the " L-5"" is the subwoofer like sound, Like a built in sub in the speaker. Yet, very clear and crisp!! If you put these on speaker stands, Oh Yes!! I've had several speakers, but for the price, if you happen to pick these up you will not be diapointed. Bring the THX, Dolby Digital and the DTS DVDs. With the right amp, power, IT SLAMS!!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   Magnolia HI-FI