JBL CM62 Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

small powerful wall mountable speakers

Submitted by Rodrigo O. Aldana a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2014

Bottom Line:
It's 2014, and This model is becoming a rare JBL product. I know the JBL CM line very well. I've had the CM-42 and now I m using the JBL CM-62. The 6,5 woofer is amazing. Vey heavy and the whole product has a well round look and sound. The grills and the blue-control-logo are nice details. I prefer this model over the Control 1 till Control 5. (These are not stylish products for my taste, the ones I like are Control 28 or Control 10) . It's true that they give typical JBL sound, the tweeter is unbeatable for the price. Very crisp. (And extremely aggresive for some people...ehmmm...). Bass is deep and short, the crossover is great. And I think these are amazing for Live audio recordings and also they're blasters for Home Cinema (they were build thinking for HT and for IMPACT). "BUT" they they do not manage well jazz music, piano, acoustic. Anyway I like the way voices sound, very "outside" of the cabinet. Nor for Classical / or Oldies (I prefer real vintage speakers for these styles). And the the only thing that makes me sad is that the foam will rot over time.

JBL CM-62 model are spectacular if they are properly used. And are not for everyone's tastes as these are not ideal for all playing styles.

I've seen that there are not many out there, but sporadically seen on Ebay for $450 - $500 US Dollars, Used.

Submitted by Bart van Praag a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
They give typical JBL sound (very un-english)and shine with electronic/Dance music. Very dynamic sound. When paired with a sub they give a large sound. The downside is that they are not that subtle. Recordings of live music sound great but pianos and the like sound a bit shrill and synthetic.

I really like them but they are not all-round. However if they fit your tastes you get a lot of value with these babies

Submitted by Rafael Albarracín a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I want to know mnore about the specifications of JBL cm62Thanks