JBL Cinema Music One Floorstanding Speakers

2.38/5 (8 Reviews)

Sub-Sat

Submitted by Big Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought a set of these as my first foray into Home Theatre and used them for about two years. For the price they weren't bad, but they're nothing to rave about either. The two subs produce a hollow, one-note kind of bass -- kind of like the effect you get when you blow across the open mouth of a jug. After a while I sold the subs for $79 and kept the two small speakers to use as computer speakers.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
As a traveling consultant I needed something portable, but that also sounded good. I thought the JBL's sounded good, but my audiophile friend raged on them so much, I ended up putting them in the closet and upgrading to Polk 2000's (big speakers). No one complains about Polks. Maybe some day, I'll dust off those JBL's. I thought they sounded OK, but the Polks; they sound great. I think these speakers (Music 1, and Flix 1) ruined JBL's reputation.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Robert Pelletier a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
Well, one more time. UBID finally got back to me, they are allowing me to return a defective set. So in essence i did get a really nice set of speakers for $50. THese are great for a bedroom set or just room listening. They cannot handle real home theater though and i feel they are much better for music. The ports on mine don't hum and i have to admit the sound quality on music is close to my Paradign's only at low volume levels though. For $50 go ahead and try and score a pair at UBID. I'd say its 50/50 that you will get a complete set in working order but hey, i guess if it doesnt work out you can always send them back. I will give 4 here to make up for my one earlier. I dont feel it is a problem with the speakers, rather the handling they have experienced in the warehouse for the 4 years they have been around.

Submitted by Robert Pelletier a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
Well, tried another set from UBID for $50 , this time one of the sub's is dead, seems like the auction they have every day for these is full of defective merchandise. I dont recommend buying these from there as JBL has done nothing to take care of my problem and UBID has had 2 weeks and still no satisfactions from them. Out of the two sets i bought i was able to get one complete set that works by mixing parts. I have to admit, for 50 doolars these cannot be beat, period, they sound amazing for 50 bucks. But for the 650 they used to sell ofr they are a joke. I am giving one star this time for UBID experience becaus ei would imagine that is where most of you are considering buying them from.

Submitted by J Wyatt a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the Music 1 system from UBID. The speaker system sounds good. However it is week in the mid range. But for a compact system it is great.