JBL CF120 Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (21 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

12in woofer,4.5in mid, 5/8th in titanium-laminate tweeter

Submitted by Juan Pablo Arís a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought these amazing speakers in 2000, best speakers ever had, clear frecuency response, best in high and strong bass, ideal for any kind of music and extraordinary experience on DTS blue ray movies.
My friends envy my system, but mainly because these JBL's are better than most of the Hi End tower and flat new lines in the market.
Do not doubt to buy them even very used...
Regards from Chile, South America

Submitted by danny a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2013

Bottom Line:
wow...Im a 55 year old that missed out on the 1970-80's home stereo set-ups. I was never home sitting on the couch. Back then I was too occupied driving fresh muscle cars with only 10 to 20,000 miles on the 400 hp motor. Suckers!!! you youngbloods with the tuner cars really missed out. Anyhow this weekend I picked up some these speakers called JBL CF120's and they rock......Goota go I have 30 years of catching up to do.

Submitted by skree a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is an amazing speaker. At the price, it must be the best buy!!
I listen to a lot of music, but mostly Dance/techno, and the CF 120 is perfekt for that purpose! DEEEEP bass and precise treble. I've had some speakers over the years but this is just much better than anything I've previously owned!
Though the bass is "merely" 12", it works clearly and efficient at any volume - never had a problem with 'em. I can only advice people to buy this speaker if they're looking for at reasonably-priced, well-playing speaker! Well done JBL!!

Purchased At:   KT-Radio

Submitted by vc2002 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my first pair of speakers. I have been using them for almost 4 years now and I’m not complaining. About two years ago, I got bored of them (because their look) and went to Ubid bad for a pair of Infinity MK-II (about $280 at the time). In my opinion, the MK-II is just a little better than the JBL. Eventually, I wired both of them to Speaker A & B and play them together. They sound pretty good together and I am satisfied with them. I know there are speakers that sound better than Infinity and JBL, but they would cost me much more. Until I’m willing to spend in thousands, I’ll stick with my JBL and Infinity.

Purchased At:   Web

Submitted by Eduardo Pineda a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
cf 120 loudspeakers has very good response, titanium laminated tweeters reproduces both clear and sharp highs.

mediums frecuencies are not reproduced faithfuly, it sounds as metal tube sound.

impedance system is 8 ohms nominal, but a some frecuencies impedance is low , this situation activates a protection circuit in some amplifiers.

bass are supported by two rear ports, and system is protected by fuses (2.5A slow blow)

cf120 is suitable for people starting a hi-fi system, price is reasonable.

Purchased At:   audio mundo de mexico