Jamo E 660 Floorstanding Speakers

• Frequency Range: 45 - 20000
  • Tweeter: 1 / 25 Dome

Submitted by quentin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
i got these speakers about 2 months ago and i love them.the only down side is the lack of big bass but the bass tay give at low volume is exalent, that y im running them with a sub. they are powerd by a { NAD} amp and the quality of the sound is great but i only listen to music whith them coz i cant arrofd a good tv just yet. but i wold defenetly recomend them if ur going to run them with a sub...

quentin beukelman...

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Jim Cehlar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2009

Bottom Line:
First off, my version is a little different than the ones pictured here and online. My version has two rear ports at top and bottom, and none in the front, and the base is a little different. That said I agree with the first reviewer on the light nature of these speakers. I would call them a floorstander based on their design but would really consider them more like a quality bookshelf with its own stand built in. These are nicely made and do not embarass themselves in a nice room. (mine are black).
As far as the sound, they sound great right out of the box. I will not comment on the lack of bass because the bass is represented very nicely for a 6.5 inch woofer. I am not using this with a sub as I have a Energy Take Classic 5.1 with a Paradigm PDR-8 v4 for movies and surround. I am driving this with a vintage JVC 100 watt 2-channel pure class A amp with no tone controls.
I like a 3-way design as it leaves the bass to the woofer and highs to the tweeter and mids to the mids, and the mids image very nicely and the highs are crisp and do not get tiresome after some listening.
I have owned many pairs of speakers from the likes of NHT, Snell, Dahlquist, Energy, Athena, Jbl, CerwinVega, Polk, ADC, Sony, Klipsch and these rank right up there with some of the best that I have owned.
Here is the kicker....These only cost me $130 bucks with free shipping!! Thats only 65 bucks per speaker!! I fully and completely reccommend these on the fact that you can buy these for less than a pair of some of the junk off brand speakers currently on the market. A lot of people dont know the name JAMO but they make speakers that cost over $10 thousand a pair and while Danish, are owned by Klipsch.
Grab these while you still can, they are hard to find, and are worth a listen.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by niles300z a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
Jamo E660 tower three way with 6.5 inch woofer. Not much info on these online, so I thought I should submit some initial reports. First off, the cabinets and finish are quite good although not very heavy and easily tipped over by say a cat. The low front port begs for a nice sand bag or some lead shot.The first hour or two listening suggests a break-in period needed as well as possibly some additional stuffing which can help out many under damped speakers and cut some of the subtle mid bass cabinet resonances. That being said, I think these with the small footprint will prove valuable for many HT enthusiasts especially as the high end appears pretty extended and apparently imaging benefits some from the staggered baffle design. The tweeters do quite well on cymbals and articulate better than expected. The mid-range seems decent, but it's the bass performance that is curious. The one 6.5 incher certainly does an ample job for what it is, but I think some more break-in is required. Amazing is the ability to play quite loud without much breakup for such a light speaker and obviously no huge magnet structure. I think this is where technology is helping mfgs. do a little more with a little less. I have been listening to several respected vintage speakers lately and these although don't blow any doors, are surprisingly good and engaging for being unbroken, light and supposedly mid-low Klipsch line.I can see similarities between a pair of Polk RT400 towers I had once that I liked a lot. Overall I can say I am pleasantly surprised at the size vs. performance. Give them a shot and with the right sub these may really impress the right crowd.

Product model year:   2008