Jamo Cornet 145 Floorstanding Speakers

4.38/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by wesley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
These may not be the best hifi speaker in the world, but they are certainly the best value. I own two pairs of these little marvels, used in two separate small room systems.

These speakers really do beg the question...why pay more????

They faithfully reproduce vocals in a way which few other speakers of this type can match. They have excellent transient attack, and a rock solid and reasonably low bass response.

Build quality is confidence-inspiring.

It was only through the guidance of Gary Jones, owner of Northen Ireland's only customer friendly hifi shop, that I had my eyes opened to the deloghts of the baby Jamos.

Gary has always believed that price is irrelevant in the production of music.........a theory fully endorsed by these giant killers.

Only one nagging doubt...........why haven't these speakers got the ratings they fully merit from the UK press?????

After all, surely reviewers only take into account the sound quality.....................don't they???????????

Purchased At:   Audio Audio, Portglenone

Submitted by Keegan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I managed to snap these great little speakers up at a chandlers closing down sale, walking in expecting to see a deluge of sickening ULTRA MEGA SUPA DUPA BASS midi systems i was realy suprised when i saw a pair of these sittting on the shelf saying "buy me" i hung around a little longer and ended up getting these in perfect condition with the wood grain finish for under 100 dollars american...

i finally got them home and hooked them up to my setup ( a modified yamaha ca-710 amplifier, nad 5420 cd player, project 6.9 turntable, on home made rack and speaker stands running response ofc high definition cables)

i positioned them and my chair to my best knoledge of room acoustics, crossed my fingers hoping for the best .... i put my (almost) mint condition vinyl copy of "roger waters the wall live in berlin" on and immediately the vocals jumped out being able to pinpoint each performer as a point in space .... the imaging was spot on ..... and the speakers did a great job of handling the huge live concert dynamics. Moving on to some more modern recordings such as madonna's music they once again performed extremely well showing quick responsive bass but more important , lively and crystal clear mids, highs and imaging.

From what i have gathered they accomodater all types of music well, work well with cd but really sine with vinyl .... no complaints except for a slight lack of soundstaging , and that they must be postioned with surgical accuracy to squeeze the best out of these great speakers .... if you can find them at a decent price i highly recomend picking them up ... one of the best budget speakers i have heard and a pleasure to own

Purchased At:   Chandlers ( no bull)

Submitted by Joseph a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I feel that this ia an excellent speaker for the size. The sound quality is better than similiar speakers I've heard at similiar prices. I do plan on using them as surround speakers once my tower speakers (E470's) arrive. They should be a good compliment to a more powerful front pair of speakers.

Submitted by franny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I WAS SURPRISED WHEN I FIRST HEARD THE SPEAKER AT THE STORE. THEY SOUNDED SO GOOD THAT I DID NOT WANNA PASS ON THEM. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A BOOKSHELF SPEAKER FOR MY ROOM AND I FINALLY FOUND IT. AUDITIONED A LOT OF SPEAKERS AND I FINALLY MADE MY DECISION AND IT WAS JAMO. THESE SPEAKERS ROCKS. FOR THE MONEY I PAID FOR THE SPEAKER I THINK I GOT A GOOD DEAL. ESPECIALLY IT'S MADE IN DENMARK.IT CAME DOWN BETWEEN THE NHT AND JAMO. I AUDITIONED NHT'S SUPERONE I THINK IT WAS EXCELLENT AND IT ALSO COST TWICE AS MUCH. THE JAMO I THINK SOUNDED AS CLEAR AND CLEAN AS THE NHT'S AND HAD MORE BASS THAN THE NHT'S BECAUSE OF THE PORTED DESIGN IN THE BACK, MAKING THE SPEAKER MORE EFFICIENT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE SPEAKERS. CONNECTIONS ARE GREAT, BINDING POST ARE WAY TO GO. I DIDN'T WANNA GET A SPEAKER WITH SPRING CLIPS CONNECTORS.

Submitted by Greg Schoolland a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
The Cornet 145's by Jamo will impress you with their clear reproduction of the mid and high range capability. Though the low frequency leaves something to be desired, these things sound great, in my opinion. The classy build quality of Jamo with great connections hints at the speakers quality. Buy and be impressed.