Jamo 707i Floorstanding Speakers

4.31/5 (16 Reviews)

full range with push/pull system

Submitted by Exacto a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2013

Bottom Line:
This review is for the original 707 which has the dual 8" push pull configuration inside the cabinet and dual 5" woofers. 5 drivers total in each cabinet...Bar none the most incredible sounding speaker I have ever heard and I'm one to upgrade every other month! I've owned hundreds of speakers under $2,000 and even more under $1,000 and these Jamo's by far are a step up in sound quality. I would compare the sound very similar to my next favorite speaker, the Kappa 8. Clean full sound with nothing lacking whatsoever! Bass vocals and highs are all there in abundance and blend seamlessly. I'm a new fan!

Submitted by mecineman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
Hi,I don't know if anyone is still reading reviews on these amazing speakers, but here goes: I've mine for 16 years, and they have outperformed speakers worth twice the price! They never struggle with complex passages of music and, when correctly wired and positioned, present a large open soundstage with true front to back 3D sound. There is a price to be paid, they run more accurately with huge power amps outputting at least 250w/ch@8ohms then you'll hear the real reason audiophiles world wide have great respect for these and other higher end JAMO speakers . If you can afford to Bi-Amp each speaker the sound opens up beyond the confines of your listening room. The bass tightens up but gains a touch more extension, the mid-range clarity comes to the fore and the silk dome tweeter reveals treble frequencies you may not have noticed previously. The whole sound merges perfectly & when used in a 7.1 set-up(i finally bought another pair) with a JAMO CENTRE 200 you will be stunned.

Submitted by Justin Heard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Un-pluged and very private. The 707i Jamo loudspeakers transports one into the event on a personal leval.

Thay are greedy.

Thay are not for everyone. And are not ment to be shared.

Thay are ment for that person who says....shhhhhh shut up! Listen damn it!
Did you hear that?!!

Thay are for thoughs who peer into sound with ears that have a memory of live music experiences and judge from that.

Thay are not good at sound processing or rendering computer chip generated bass.

The Jamo 707i's simply play music in perfectly imperfect way that brings chills and emotion to the one who dosent like to share.

Thay hate cheep power, wires and cheep music material; thay are not for everyone.

Purchased At:   EBAY

Submitted by Aaron a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up post from my earlier review
well I have had the chance to compare several of the above speakers and overall the JBl,s are the hands down winners
IMHO it's just really depressing to think that with all the latest computer aided design out there now days that
25 year old speakers still sound better than a lot of
high priced wanna be's that will tell you they are the best speakers out there but IMHO if you want to know what you are missing out on go find yourself any vintage JBL/Altec speaker and you will immediately know what you have not been hearing from most(not all) other speakers
but I have to say that I will not be getting rid of the Jamo,s any time soon they just wont be in the main listening/HT room the 4312c,s & L100 will be the speakers
I will be using in that room will be all JBL now I just have to find a good Center speaker that can hold it's own against
the vintage JBL,s

but on the other hand the vintage JBl,s is an aquired taste
that some poeple just dont like ( I Love it ) probably the best way to describe the sound is that the best and worst thing about these JBL,s is that you here everything good recordings will sound better than ever and bad recordings will sound worse than ever and with any speaker to get the best sound do yourself a favor and use a good amp and by
good I dont mean anything out of japan in the last 10 years
I mean most any quality equipment from the 1970,s will pretty much kick anythings ass that is coming out now days
sure you can go down to your local mass market electronics store and purchase a supposed 500 watts of power reciever
what they dont tell you is that that is probably the most that the thing can put out for about 100000 of a millisecond the accual real working power is maybe 25 watts if yor lucky one word here folks RMS if you dont know what it is don't ask if you do enough said and if you think I am lying to you just dont ever buy vintage amps for cheap and hook them to your system or you will be really pissed off at what you spent for what the salesman told you was the lastest greatest thing since buttered toast trust I learned that lesson the hard way
every one have a Merry Christmas

I am still giving the Jamos the same ratings as before because they are still one of the better speakers out there
I just think you could save a lot of money and get as good
and better speaker with vintage JBL/Altec stuff

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Submitted by lecianut a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers were short-lived in Jamo production, quickly replaced by a single bottom-firing woofer unit 7.7i and current incarnation D590. Although they were referred to as "award-winning" I've never been able to locate a test of their performance.

I use these in a 6.1 with a klipsch sp-1 as center channel/subwoofer, Jamo 407i's for side surrounds and a Bose 101 for back surround.

They belong in a large room. My room is small, live, and in conjunction with the the forward nature of the treble, the sound tends to cause early ear fatigue.

Best if listened to outside the room. I've got to admit that the Bose 901 (main) theater setup is my most used one. My wife likes the little theater with the JBL's, and my study where this system resides gets the least amount of use.

I've read where replacing the biamp strips with speaker wire between the terminals can improve the sound of biamp terminaled speakers. I also plan to change out the speaker wire to monster cable, to change the cd unit to a high end product, and to use an acurus mondial external amp (already in transit) for more power.

as you can see, this is my tinker system. Not perfect yet, but I aim to tweak it to that level.

Purchased At:   local hifi shop