Infinity Systems US-1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.55/5 (11 Reviews)

Satelite Speakers

Submitted by Bill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought these from UBid back in '99 for only $44, but then UBid charges you $25 to ship them, but was still cheap overall. Small, built-in mounting system, low cost and the logo can be rotated. I use them as rear surround sound and the range is perfect for the setup. Rain scenes, crickets, distance shooting and background crowd noise come in so clear, that you think you are actually there. Capable of handle just about anything. For some reason these are even better with the 5.1 EX mode.

Purchased At:   UBid

Submitted by Juan Pablo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
When I first saw this in the store, the first idea I had was, This are a small cheap and with poor image speakers, but then I heard a pair in a friend´s home, and I ran to buy myself a pair, the bass is more than I believed, the air port is extremelly noisy with some music-movie programs, the highs are just perfect, it doesn´t gives you more or less than needed and the most important is that it doesn´t artificially modifies the sound, the built-in bracket is very usefull but in my case I don´t use it so I see the holes all the time..but who cares.
I can recomend this product to anyone who is looking for a great satelite with good "cinema sound" and a great price.

Purchased At:   Liverpool

Submitted by J W a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are really an incredible value. I wouldn't use them as mains, but as surrounds they perfectly fit the bill. They match extremely well with my Infinity IL10 mains and IL36C center.

BTW, don't pay $200 for these at retail outlets. You can easily pick them up on ebay for $100.

Purchased At:   ebay auction

Submitted by Aaron K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of these in late 1998, and they have been used quite a bit in the last 2 and some years. I have used them as rear speakers in a Dolby Digital setup, I have used them as main L & R speakers for my PC, and they work great in both regards. I set these up as my "B" speakers on my receiver, and used them for the PC, and they worked great with MP3's, games, you name it. THey are great for as rears for movies too, allthough there are better speakers out there.

Purchased At:   Onecall.com

Submitted by Rob Peters a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Although the speakers are small, plenty of bass in it. As in the specifications, not below 70 Hz. They give a good full sounding warm impression, and crispy high`s. Enough power to use as surround speakers (set as `small` speakers on a/v amp.). I don`t recommend using them as full range front`s. When you`re not seated right in front of them (so the sound doesn`t beam directly to your ears), there is some colouration detectable in the midrange part (female voices sometimes sound a bit overwelmed). I think it`s because of the housing material, which has lower damping than wood. That is actually not an issue for this price range. The mounting bracket is a nice feature, but bit tricky when mounting close to ceiling. As surround speakers they fit seamnessly in any midrange budget system. Good speakers, but only as surrounds.

Purchased At:   Media markt