Infinity Systems Reference 2000.3 Floorstanding Speakers

3.77/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by andrewK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased 3 pairs of rs 2000.3 about 10 yrs ago at cc. They are set up in 5.1 identical front/center/rear and hooked up to a 5.1 yamaha v496 receiver. The receiver's sub out goes to a sony n110 amp and (2) 12" mtx blue thunder speakers for dvd/gaming. The sony n110 also powers klipsch kg 5.2 for music. I'm still happy with these 2000.3 for ht use. Total price paid for this setup was about $1000 8-10 yrs ago.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
Have had these speakers for 5 years now. I am very happy with the sound for the type of music I listen to (jazz). Although not bass heavy they reproduce enough low frequencies for my tastes (esp. when positioned ahgainst a wall) If you really love bass I would recommend a sub. The treble is great because of the silk domed tweeters. These speakers are not made anymore. Well contructed and great sounding

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by PML a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got these from Damark for $150 to use as surrounds (my other speakers are the RS 2000.6 & CC3). I liked them so much that the next time Damark offered them I picked up another pair for my bedroom. They sound great with a decent amp. If your receiver has a marginal power supply, these speakers will sound a bit conjested and a little thin on bass (but not bad for their size). But if you hook these up to an amp that can handle 2 ohm or so dips, there is nothing that's a better bang for the buck. Corey Greenberg recently gave the Paradigm Atoms a glowing review, but the 2000.3 is a better speaker in every way. The Atoms have a mid-bass hump, to give the impression of deep bass. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Atoms but the Infinity's have more natural sounding bass (not bloated), and a sweeter and airy top end, not zingy like a metal dome tweeter. I don't own any esoteric gear, but these speakers teamed up with my Marantz PM68 make me smile. They can play quite loud without breaking up. I wouldn't use these without an active sub for home theater, but for rock/pop they are fine all by themselves. If I didn't already have the 2000.6s I would use these in my living room. They have been replaced by the RS3 since 1998 and I think they are a step down (though I have not heard them). These speakers prove that you don't have to spend a small fortune to get good sound. I think they deserve a 4 on sound quality, and a 5 on price.

Submitted by Harry a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
Just bought a pair of Infinity RS-8's. Basically each is a rs3 with a 100w amp and subwoofer added. If you like the rs3 like me then you'll love the room moving bass added by the powered sub. As front stereo speakers they are great. I paid around 870 dollars at Circuit City for them which is a decent price. They are fairly bright and you need to angle them in to get the stereo to sound good. The detail in the highs is especially nice. Hope to add center and rear to assess them as home theater speakers. They do have a separate subwoofer input on the back of each. Overall I'd give them a 5.

Submitted by Antonio Serrano a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
The nicest thing about these speakers is they use the same 1' silk dome tweeter that the great overture models use. So if your not hearing crystal clear treble its your receiver or amplifier most likely. I have heard better bass from other 6' woofer bookshelf's. Like the other reviewer's suggest, team these up with a sub for and you'll have a real nice sounding system.