Infinity Systems Perfect 12 Floorstanding Speakers

12 inch automotive subwoofer, Aluminum cone, cast aluminum basket

Submitted by Jeff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is the most elegant and best sounding sub you can buy. I have my pair in 1997 Z28 and I'm running 400 watts RSM to each sub. The box is sealed. They are tight clean and superior to anything else in the automotive realm. Truely an engineering masterpeice.

I did have to have one replaced. The tensil leads going from the speaker wire connector down into the voice coil broke off. It looked like the wire was too shirt to begin with and with amount of movement I put the subs under it was no wonder the wire broke. I checked my other sub and it had plenty of slack. I also looked at the new replacement one and it seemed to be fine too. The first one must have just been a problem child???

You get ahold of these for a little over $200 each. If you want somehting that sounds great but can compete with a loud and boomy system on SPL, this is probably your best choice.

Submitted by kevin baker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
IN my many months of owning this subwoofer I have yet to hear a better sound from a diffrent sub. my sub sounds better and louder than any sub I have listend to in the 300w range.

Submitted by Drakath a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought two of these online. I had a 1.5 cubic foot per sub sealed enclosure constructed for them at one of the local car audio shops near where I live. There are two seperate 1.5 cubic foot chambers in the box, rather than a common one.
The specifications reveal that the suggested 1.0 cubic foot sealed box volume yields a rather high Qtc. The 1.5 has a Qtc of around .85, which is quite acceptable for car audio applications, since it won't be boomy at this point and the transfer function of the car will boost the lowend anyway.

This subwoofer has some incredible output. I am sending 700 watts to each woofer, and they love every bit of it. They are very accurate and not at all boomy. I have listened to many types of music on them, ranging from rock, rap, some classical, and the always fun bass songs. They are very tight and have excellent transient response. They have a rated one way linear xmax of 0.56 inches, and it looks like they exceed, though I have no formal way of confirming this. Even at very low frequencies, output is incredible, and I must say that running the volume anywhere near it's maximum with the power I had was much louder than I could stand. This was in a sedan, with no soundproofing. In a properly soundproofed vehicle the SPL would definitely increase, and if placed in a hatchback or a sport utility, low frequency output would also be noticeably better...keep in mind it was already pretty damn crazy. I had the subs facing the rear, which also reduced sound quality slightly.

Inc conclusion, I find this to be an excellent subwoofer, and I've yet to see anything in it's price range beat it. I highly reccomend them, whether you desire sound quality or SPL at a moderate price.