Infinity Systems Overture 3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.7/5 (10 Reviews)

3-Way Floorstanding Speaker with Built-in 300-Watt Powered Subwoofer. 4 6-1/2" Bass Drivers. 2 5-1/4" Midrange Drivers. 1" High Frequency Driver.

Submitted by NC Audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speakers for over 10 years. I live and breathe audio and have owned McIntosh xr-14s, Klipsch Forte, Cornwall, Heresy, kg 5.2, Pioneer CS-99A, CS-63DX, Infinity Kappa 7.1, Polk SDA and many many more. Musical taste is a personal thing, I realize but these speakers have among the very best midrange and treble responses I have heard. I have bought and sold dozens of speakers, amps, preamps etc trying to unseat these with something better and just can't find a better speaker. Sure there are brighter speakers but I don't like listening fatigue, sure there are bassier speakers but if I wanted a ton of bass for rap, I have a 2000W 16" sub for that. If one word describes the sound of these speakers it is "liquid".

Another reviewer described the bass in these speakers as "boomy". I would guess there was something wrong with his speakers because if anything these could use a bit more boom. These speakers hit 24hz cleanly and below that, they drop off sharply. I recommend putting the sub dial at about 3/10. Higher volume levels give almost no additional db's and only increase distortion levels.

Another reviewer described that the treble in these speakers wasn't as harsh as his Polks because it cuts off at 20khz. This person does not understand the sound spectrum. The human ear can't hear above 20k and most adults can only hear to 13-15k max. What people describe as harsh treble is in the 4k-8k range, far below the 20k.

The last thing I love about these speakers is the incredibly wide sound stage. Almost no sound variation in my 26 foot by 21 foot room. If you can score a pair of these, I highly recommend them. You will be shocked. I have since bought a second pair and a bunch of extra parts. I don't see these being unseated any time soon. I am still trying though.

Submitted by s schwenk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
great clean sound.plenty of bass,but be careful driving them,parts r harde to come by .i blew both tweeters and 1 midrange,have replacement parts,but still looking 4 orignial parts.

Submitted by DC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers for about 3 years and I still am impressed with them. Excellent sound imaging for classical, jazz, blues with very clear mids/highs. The built in amp/sub is more than adaquate for anything other than heavy bass pounding rock/house music and provides nice, clean bass. It works well in my home theater setup as well. I've thought of getting a dedicated sub (perhaps a Hsu research cylindrical sub) but everytime I sit down with a nice DVD movie, I think "it would be a nice toy, but I really don't need it."

If you can find a pair, don't hesitate as I haven't heard anything in the <$2000 per speaker range that can touch these.

Submitted by DC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Submitted by Chris Brand a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Incredible detail is what I here. The bass is present but not boomy. They blow my Acoustic Research AR-1'S away!

Purchased At:   Circuit City