Infinity Systems Minuette MPS Floorstanding Speakers

4.56/5 (9 Reviews)

Home Threater Speakers

Submitted by Steven Chua a

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
these little things can rock!!! wasn't suppoesed to buy these at least they were the last things on my mind, it's a good thing i listened to this guy... a good buy though, i think if 1 has a bigger room space this is not ur stuff...

Submitted by Dirk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
There aren't many words necessary to describe these speakers. If you're looking for nice looking little speakers to fit into your room to fill it with the best sound as possible in the concerning proportions, get the Minuettes. They sound far more better than the Boses, costing a fraction of the money. And if you combine it with a good, musicle sounding amplifier, like a Harman Kardon, they're just the best small speakers you can get for your money. Buy them!

Purchased At:   Mediamarkt

Submitted by Dave Fulka a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great little speaker for home theater surrounds. These things are very clear. As for using them to jam to music, there is no mid range sounds, recommend a subwoofer with these. There are quite compact and i will say they beat out bose cubes in my opinion. Easy wall mounts, you can stick these things anywhere.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Cameron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a solid set of home theater speakers and I had no desire to piece together the components myself. I went to Circuit City where I bought my Onkyo receiver Dolby Digital receiver (open box = Incredible deal). I immediately looked at the Bose systems, but fortunately for my wallet I came across these beauties. The guy helping me hadn't fully tested them, so we fired up a DVD and I was very impressed by the quality of the speakers. And that was on a Sony receiver. Once I hooked them up to my Onkyo the sound quality seemed to double. I ran back that day and picked up an open box JBL 10" powered subwoofer and my system was complete. These speakers even outplayed other more expensive ones that my buddy spent an arm and a leg on for his home theater setup. My only issue is with the center channel speaker. The dialogue when playing a DVD in 5.1 seemed a little weak. The sound from the fronts would over power any dialogue going on at the same time. Thinking about upgrading to a bigger center (Infinti has a nice one). This may just be on my system though. Still this is absolutely the best out of the box home theater speaker set you can pick up for the price. Don't forget that subwoofer though.

Submitted by John a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these at CC where I was looking at the BOSE systems. People had told me the BOSE had good highs and thats all. I asked to hear fuller sounding systems in small packages (my wife hates speakers in the living room). These were almost as good as the Yamahas. Way cheaper!