Infinity Systems IL10 Floorstanding Speakers

4.59/5 (56 Reviews)

2 way bookshelf loudspeaker using CMMD cones

Submitted by blazeaglory a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2015

Bottom Line:
I just want to add another GREAT review for these speakers...

First, I want to say I have owned and listened to MANY home and car audio systems. I know what sounds good and what doesnt. I know distortion when I hear it. I know crappy equipment when I hear it. Anyways, I know everyone thinks they know what they are doing but they dont, myself included (in my youth anyways but now I KNOW what I am doing ;-) haha

So with that said, these speakers are very good. You put the right wattage/amp to them and they will sound AWESOME. I do not know all the technical blah bi di blah but I do know what a good system sounds like and these speakers paired with my DENON 3805 hit hard (for 6.5 inch woofers) and the highs are amazing. Mids are ok. These speakers "bang" lol

I bought these speakers along with the center IL25c and the pair of IL40 towers a Velodyne CHT12 and a DENON 3805. All for a low price that I will not mention because it will upset some people (under $100)

I didnt even hook up the towers, I just hooked up the center and bookshelves and I was blown away. Right now I am pushing them with 120 watts(each) and I cannot get them to cut out or distort and that is with rock and roll, hip hop, classical, house, etc...They can handle much more I would guess. They sound better than the towers but I am thinking that the towers are just really under powered because if the bookshelves sound this good than the towers should sound amazing with another 50w per channel on top of the 120w.

Anyways, I just want to let people know that these speakers, the IL10, matched with the right amp, at least 120 watts, setup correct and certain distance from the wall, they will sound better than you could imagine. You just have to power them with enough juice. They are rated to 150 SO DO THE MATH.

I would pay $200 or more for these (pair) all day. Just dont complain if you use an amp that you "think" is powerful but really isnt and you dont get great sound. At least 120w-175w and you will be blown away.

Submitted by superfastkyle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
These are amazing speakers. They are more capable speakers than most people will ever need. Right now they can be found on ebay for around $150 or less so they are a bargain. Bass is great and tight as long as you don't shove them up against the wall. The midrange on these is very accurate. I've used these for home theater and music listening. When I was living with a roommate, constantly she was answering the phone or looking out the window, because she heard a telephone ring or fire/police siren coming out of these speakers. These probably won't sound good with a cheap $100 surround receiver. The better amp the more they come alive. If your trying to save bucks I'd buy an old marantz 22xx series and prepare to be amazed. Also get some good speaker stands

Now the con for these speakers. If you are a serious listener you will find they have a small sweet spot left/right. They also should not be on too high of stands.. For ideal sound these speakers should be at minimum 1 foot away from the wall. Otherwise they sound boomy. A large listening room will be prefereble. I find 9-10 feet away from speakers gives the best imaging means your looking at probably at least a 15ft long room. Now all that said this is the ideal situation for music listening. Home theater is a little more forgiving because of the center channel

if you happen to be disappointed in these speakers MOVE them it will make all the difference. Stereo Review (I believe) did an article on these and compared them to much more expensive speakers and gave very good review.

Submitted by Lovin these speakers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I just got these speakers and I just love them... that's right folks, tell me if you can get speakers of this quality for less than 20 bucks.... all of you people that want to gripe about them, think of those who would not be able to afford even this quality! I absolutely love these speakers! I love the higs and the mids and the lows. they are in balance with each other. good flat response.

Purchased At:   goodwill

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
great speak one of the best bookshelfs for the money very detailed sound . has a goo low level for being a book shelf . great finish . Once broken in sounds even better ....

Purchased At:   on line

Submitted by James K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these at circuit city a while ago, I was supposed to pay 175 a peice but for some reason he had rang them up at 150 a peice so i paid a total of 300.. Anyways I spent a few days reading reviews and trying out speakers.. after returning some BOSE that were just too big for my desk, I ended up with these.. The thing that struck me so well about them was the NICE bass response they had in the store, we fired up some dvd movies (like SW episode one) and the bass response during the pod racing scene was very rumbly and great.. I dont know if its becuase they were up against the walls or not, but i have them up near my walls too, and the bass is FANTASTIC.. I recently come to learn your receiver plays a large part in this.. I have them hooked up to an old vintage fisher 180 receiver.. (this receiver puts out a strong warm fat bassy signal) coming from my sb audigy 2.. I get really really great bass.. No sub woofer here.. not needed.. i almost have too much bass as it is.. These speakers really punch.. you just gotta use the right receiver.. I am super happy with these speakers and have never looked back.. The highs are perfect mids are great and bass is fantastic! I listen to alot of rock (new and old) and watch DVD movies on my computer as well as record music (these make excellent moniters for me too!) and games.. Perfect speakers for my desk.. I like the nice finish too..(the ones i have are have more of a heavey WOOD feeling to the wood they had another set there that were more vynilly-plasticy like..

Purchased At:   Circuit City