Infinity Systems ENTRA TWO Floorstanding Speakers

• Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
  • Low-Frequency Driver: 6 1/2" (165mm) C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded
  • Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz; 24dB/octave
  • High-Frequency Driver: 3/4" (19mm) C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 31 3/4" x 8 1/2" x 9 3/4" (806mm x 216mm x 248mm)
  • Weight: 24 lb (11kg)

Submitted by mbbuchanan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
I purchased these from a guy on craigs list for $100.00. Along with the Entra two's for my 100 bucks I also received the matching center channel and the Entra 1 rear book shelf speakers, all in mint condition I might add. The book shelves on their own are more than capable of being main speakers in a two channel or multi channel system and I have them in my bed room for my turn table and computer listening. Basically the book shelves and the towers are the same driver arrangement( one 6 1/2 c.m.m.d woofer and a 3/4 inch tweeter, also c.m.m.d), except that the towers have a much larger cabinet. These are actually really good speakers as far as ridiculous and ruthless clarity and spot on imaging and tonal accuracy go. The bass is the weak link in these speakers though, not do to a lack of, but the exact opposite,too much port created bass and not enough real natural bass. For movies in a smallish room these speakers are great sans sub woofer because they create great boom. For music however, it's just a bit too much. I would have to venture that if you were willing to seal the port and then add a decent sub woofer you would have a pretty formidable two channel, or multi channel set-up. I have always been impressed with the C.M.M.D drivers that Infinity has employed in their speakers for the last several years now. These drives to me, are some of the most accurate on the market in the midrange and treble and when put in a superior cabinet with woofer created bass, not ported bass, are the recipe for some serious music fidelity. Any how before this becomes a long ramble these speakers image very well, and sound stage pretty good too.I think this is due to the rigid C.M.M.D cones. Others reviewers on here I noticed didn't agree with me on the sound staging but for me at least in my set up in my room they are quite accurate. Build quality is actually pretty good when referring to rigidness of cabinets and fit n' finish. Really my only complaint would be that they only come in that generic black ash finish every one else uses, but I didn't buy them new so I have nothing to complain about.They even have adjustable spikes that reverse to protect you're hardwood floors. When looking at these speakers you need to keep in mind that these were meant to be entry level speakers for Infinity(hence the moniker Entra) and all the goodies went to their Interlude big brother and on up the price range. So really, for an entry level speaker that sold for $300.00 to $400.00 a pair- brand new- I say, well done Infinity.

Purchased At:   craigs list

Submitted by warrenloeffelholz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
These speakers sound great when used as fronts, or rears, in dolby digital playback. The bass is a little weak for wide open stereo playback, but the sound is always clear. These were purchased to be my future rear channel speakers, when more funds are available for some kick ass towers, and they will fit the part perfectly. Great speakers.

Purchased At:   Visions

Submitted by warrenloeffelholz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2004

Purchased At:   Visions

Submitted by MSkeezer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Entra 2 isn't a bad floorstander for the price. Sound is crisp and detailed, and very clean. It can play pretty loud without any kind distortion. I wouldn't recommend these for stereo listening, as music sounds a little hollow, especially voices, but they're great for home theater. Just make sure to pick up the Entra Center 2, a pair of surrounds, and a sub, and you're set.

Purchased At:   Circuit CIty