Infinity Systems delta 60 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (32 Reviews)

floor standing

Submitted by SIMONSEZ9 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2007

Bottom Line:

THEESE TOWERS REALLY SOUND OUTSTANDING.THEY HANDLE HIGH
VOLUME EASY AND SEEM TO ENJOY YOUR DESPERATE EFFORTS TO
BUDDER THEM...
WHOLE SOUND PICTURE IS CLEAN AND CLEAR THOUGH LOW VOLUME
LISTENING IS A LITTLE HARD WHILE LEFT YOU WITH MIXED FILLINGS ABOUT
THE NEED OF SUCH MUNSTERS FOR THE JOB- BUT -FORGET EVERYTHING
AND ANY OTHER SPEAKER UNDER 3K WHEN COMING TO POWER!
THEIR PRESENCE IN MY LIVING ROOM IS GREAT AND YOU CAN FEEL
INFINITY REALLY DID A VERY GOOD JOB FOR THE MONEY.

BUY THEM (IF YOU CAN)

Purchased At:   FROM A FRIEND

Submitted by shlomi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I upgreded to these from my previous Infinity Reference 51 MKII's. They are very accurate and clean, they produce a lot of volume, and easily fill my listening room (400 sqft), which the references hadn't been able to.

The have ample bass, even though it can be a bit muddy at times. You don't need an aditional subsoofer for stereo listning.

Highs and mids are excellent. Now I can hear music very loud without fatigue.

Removal of grills is tricky, but if you're careful you can do it without breaking the pegs. They are extremely big though, and have a looming presence in your living room.

My setup:
TV: Sony KV-34FQ75

Purchased At:   Stereo Star

Submitted by Harry Kaitis a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I decided to buy these speakers when i read several good reviews.
I took my Cyrus II Amp and Marantz CD63SE to the dealer so that i would have the chance to hear them with my equipment, and i was very satisfied by the sound of the demo Delta's, but the dealer's room was completely "Naked" without any carpets or drapes in complete contrast to my room which is carpeted and draped.
I was immediately disappointed when i plugged in "my" Delta's straight out of the Box.
After around 18 months i still have mixed feelings about them, although they were greatly improved by replacing the (very thin) internal wiring with Higher Quality AudioQuest Type 6+
Certainly they can play very loud without strain, and generally manage to sound very "clean", but there are some serious flaws in the sound of the Delta's.
For a start (and i'm surprised that i'm the only one noting this) the treble although very fast, simply is too rolled off (almost dull). The upper-mid lower-treble region (2-5KHz)is too pronounced, and it sounds like there is a "hole" in the treble response from 8 to 12KHz. Higher treble is better however.
Lower mid (Around 300-500Hz) is also a bit down robbing away the warmth of wooden instruments and vocals.
Bass is very well defined but it would benefit in my opinion from softer suspension for the Bass Drivers, since the Bass roll off is quite sharp.
In absolute terms these are not bad speakers but i cannot rate them higher than average.
3 Months ago, i asked the Infinity Agent here (HighTech) to supply me with new complete tweeters (not just diaphragms)in case they are defective, but have not heard from them since...
Can someone let me know where i can order complete Tweeter Units?

Submitted by chengman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just added some resistors to the tweeter cause the speakers sounded to bright. The brightness was quite annoying when you listen to Pink Floy or Crowded House.

For those of you who are handy, put a 0,87 ohm resistor in serie and 16.5 Ohm parallel to the tweeter.

(the impedance of the tweeter is 4 ohm, connecting the resistors will lower your tweeter with 2 db)

Purchased At:   Correct

Submitted by banan pese a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
After hearing these speakers I searched high and low to get them in my living room. I called Infinity, I called the outlet, I called Harman/Kardon, I called overseas and nothing! Finally, I noticed that some dickhead turned down a pair for 550.00 with DMC Electronics... so I called DMC to find out if they still had it... and YES they had it. I ordered them right away!!! The stage sound is near perfect, although the highs are a bit exxagerated, the sound is crystal clear. The midrange is accurate and the bass responds rather quickly, creating an image far beyond other brands; Besides for those who do not want to look at they're home theater and say "I spent $35,000.00 on my system... and the speakers alone cost me $15,000.00"... you can't beat it for the price... Keep in mind that these speakers have been discontinued since Harman/Kardon bought Infinity... Yeah, since they couldn't build a better speaker they eliminated it... Duh... And have yet since to prove that they can build good listening speakers. If your into live recordings, rock, jazz or classical or beeter yet have Jimi Hendrix practically standing in your living room...then these are the speakers for you!

***I recommend Video Essentials DVD to fine tweek your system.

***And Make sure to use good cables... at least 16 gauge and absolutely bi-wires for the dual binding posts infinity offers. Monster Cable all the way!!!!!

My home theater includes: